The God: Joe Satriani

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sayanakaharry, Aug 14, 2004.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I've used power tab before... Its ok, but not as good as Guitar pro 4.

2. sonnet

sonnet New Member

Dude...do you have the song in guitar pro 4? If not....maybe you might consider whinning a little less!!!!

I am just trying to help here!

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Someone's in a touchy mood. ;)

4. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

thanx sonnet but i have power tab. what i meant was that the difficulty lay not in the resources, but in the execution, since im a novice when it comes to playing the guitar.

5. sonnet

sonnet New Member

Dude sorry....i didnt mean to sound like a jerk....and i guess i did even after i edited it... :)

By the way...whats up with the mods here.....acting like bunch of 5 year old girls....what happened to jay...didnt he get enough attention that he has to leave.....jeeezz...

Anyways lets get back on topic.

----------
    Sayanak.....dude....if you don't get it now....the only other option is to practice...practice...practice. Take little steps at a time. It took 10 hrs of practice a day for steve vai to get to this level...don't expect you can play it in a breeze. Just stick to it...and you will get there eventually.

good luck.

PS: you should start with easier ones....do you know how to play always with you/rubina/crying/crush of love. Try those as well. Those are much easier...and also gives you an idea of sartiani's style and chord choice...etc.

esgallindeion likes this.
  6. sayanakaharry

ya i can play always wit you and crush of love. but then i have not yet reached a level of uniformity.

7. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

wow a great topic....joe satriani...flying in the blue dream is probably his hardest..of course i love to play the song always with me always with u (which is real awesome) and ceremony...friends is also quite good...newyays comparisons...i think its kind of unfair becoz each guitarist has his own style and technique...

but when it comes to sheer technique...i dont think anyone can beat mark knopfler form Dire Straits..think of those melodies from Sultans of Swing (sheer brilliance)...of course Joe Sat, Eric Johnson, Van halen (who can forget eruption), Steve Vai, Jimmy Page, Eric Claption, Kirk Hammet are all in their own league..so i guess my cut is that every one of these players have their own groove and its kind of hard to say one is better than the other...

8. sayanakaharry

nice point jack. ya i agree that flying in a blue dream is real tough.

9. qureshi zakir

qureshi zakir New Member

hi any one if u have the names of the sites that give me download the songs of kk that pal

10. pabloide86

pabloide86 New Member

please dont say nothing!!!

please...dont look at their setups and who have the best effects and the biggest racks and guitars...instead look at their fingers...and how they converts a feeling into music...
    im a guitarrist and a big fan of satriani and vai...but i never look at their effects...just their fingers...its the only way to appreciate the music...
    if you listen to Salinas you will notice that he doesnt even use a pick!!! and i bet you that he is one of the best classical guitarrist in the world!!! and he doesnt use a rack or a switch board or complicated effects...he just play the guitar from his heart...

Pablo (from Argentina)

11. sayanakaharry

@zakir
    youre in the wrong place buddy theres a whole forum dedicated to hindi song tabs

@pablo
    cudnt agree wit u more.

12. rendezvous

rendezvous New Member

hi sonnet, just listened to your songs, i'm very impressed with your guitar work. Especially your stuffs. Keep it up and keep'em coming. Will share some of mine later. Wish you were in CO, could do stuffs together.
    Cool....anyway great work.

13. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Sonnet : - JS coming to India for some visit to an orphanage.. I may go meet thim.. After that we will together make these people j..

14. sonnet

sonnet New Member

wow, so much has been going on here. I totally forgot about this section.

--------------
    rendezvous: hey man thanks for listening to my clips and for your kind feedback. Yeah...it sure would be cool if we all were living close by.....but hey thanks for the internet....we can do wonders if we really try. would love to hear your work as well.

----------------
    Jay....which state is Satriani visiting? Last time he cancelled his tour in India due to Sars.....i have lost track of his tour schedule....but yeah, you should visit him if you get an opportunity. And dont forget a camera.

really....its because of Satraini...i picked up the guitar :)

cheers!

15. sayanakaharry

satch has inspired many. its obvious with the level of talent he has got.

16. jayanth

Ok JS aint performing here.. Thats Sad.. I think he is part of the UN some thing something.. Anyways he is visiting Assam..

17. sayanakaharry

sad. but assams quite near my place. maybe i could arrange something.

18. jayanth

LOL.. great.. Unconfirmed reports :- Its to be rescheduled to beginning of January..