The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Mar 17, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yahoooo....raikonnen wins again,..finally this time we are gonna have some competition.

2. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

mclaren rulz...back to where they belong...hope kimi will relive the years of mika hakkinen if not senna...here's a fast driver who doesnt fear driving fast even at Monaco......may be its time for schumi to move over. or am i quoting a bit too early. after all schumi is THE DRIVER. congrats to Team Mclaren on their dominating performance. way to go.
    Andy.

3. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

European Grand Prix Grid

# 1st row:

1. Nick Heidfeld (GER) Williams-BMW 1:30.081, 2. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) McLaren-Mercedes 1:30.197

# 2nd row:

3. Mark Webber (AUS) Williams-BMW 1:30.368, 4. Jarno Trulli (ITA) Toyota 1:30.700

# 3rd row:

5. Juan Pablo Montoya (COL) McLaren-Mercedes 1:30.890, 6. Fernando Alonso (SPA) Renault 1:31.056

# 4th row:

7. Rubens Barrichello (BRA) Ferrari 1:31.249, 8. Ralf Schumacher (GER) Toyota 1:31.392

# 5th row:

9. Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA) Renault 1:31.566, 10. Michael Schumacher (GER) Ferrari 1:31.585

# 6th row:

11. Felipe Massa (BRA) Sauber-Petronas 1:32.205, 12. David Coulthard (GBR) Red Bull 1:32.553

# 7th row:

13. Jenson Button (GBR) BAR-Honda 1:32.594, 14. Vitantonio Liuzzi (ITA) Red Bull 1:32.642

# 8th row:

15. Jacques Villeneuve (CAN) Sauber-Petronas 1:32.891, 16. Takuma Sato (JPN) BAR-Honda 1:32.926

# 9th row:

17. Tiago Monteiro (POR) Jordan 1:35.047, 18. Patrick Friesacher (AUT) Minardi 1:35.954

# 10th row:

19. Narain Karthikeyan (IND) Jordan 1:36.192, 20. Christijan Albers (NED) Minardi 1:36.239

These are the grid positions for tomorrow's European GP at Nurbugring. Heidfield secures his first pole. Karthikeyan as usual at bottom. Schumi's going down race by race. Sigh!

4. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

what's happened to Ferrari???? Damm its about time that they change their tyres & shift to Michelin.. the car is fast but the tyres just aint giving the speed.
    hope that their Tank is full to the brim.

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I think its happening because of the new FIA regulation which states that the teams hhave to use the same tyres throughout qualifying and the race. Michelin would have been a good choice coz Bridgestone aren't being able to handle the pressure.

6. thecoolone

FIA enforced this rule after last yrs Ferrari domination. !! i dnt understand tat y is ferrari the only TOP teams with bridgestone tyres ??? the same thing happened to them in 98 when everyone was using Bridgestone they were using GoodYEar

7. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I was wondering the same thing?? :confused:

wisevijay likes this.
  8. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Its the Race Day today at 4:30 PM IST on Star Sports.

9. thecoolone

OMG wat BAD luck for KIMI!
    Is it all over for Ferrari ??? schumi again just managed 5th. how many of u guys think that schumi can still defend his title ??

10. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Yeah! That was real bad luck for Kimi. Alonso first! I can just wonder what would have happened if Schumi would have not been caught up in the jam on the first turn........... Thats the con of being at the back. Heidfeld second. Barrichello third! At last, he's got a podium finish. Our Karthikeyan still at the end. Coulthard could have done better had he not speeded in the pit lane.

11. thecoolone

barrichello to leave ferrari next year !!!
    may be its because of all the failures and **** that micheal is giving rubino

12. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Its the Canadian Grand Prix next week.

13. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

WHAT!!!!!! rubens leavin ferrari!!!!!!!!!!
    n yeah KIMIS got a very rotten luck he leaded the race till da last lap and due 2 the vibrations his tyre caused his suspension 2 giveup.

14. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

i very unfortuantely missed the race... ppl if ull can pls. describe the race and most of the major events.. i will be very grateful....

15. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Heidfield started first but he was slow so Kimi overtaked him. On the first turn lots of cars lost control and were on the grass. Eg. Ralf and Trulli. Michael had to swerve his car away and thus lost a lot of time.Barrichello managed P6 or something with Michael at 13. Meanwhile, Coulthard got into P3. But got a drive-through penalty for speeding in the pit lane thus forced far behind. Schumi started going faster and faster and got in to P9 then to P7. Heidfeld had a slow pitstop and was thus left at P4. Barrichello at P3. Alonso at P2. Heidfeld got to P2 after them making pitstops but was left behind because of making a third pitstop. Raikkonen' car got off the track due to brakes. But still was ahead after hi8s pitstop coz of a 30 second lead. In the last lap his car out due to the problem and Alonso was first.

16. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

17. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

You can sigup for the newsletter too. It keeps you informed about the latest happenings.

18. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

19. tejas

tejas ..........

I dunno...I felt Alonso didnt deserve it. Kimi shouldve won. If not him, Nick. I didnt like Alonso just walking away with it. Anyway, doesnt matter.

20. 5green

5green New Member

well guys....as we head closer towards the North American leg of this Season..who do u'll think will come out on top come magny-cours. can renault maintain their form? or can mclaren keep thier super-fast car intact till the end of da race. what about williams n toyota. mclaren n renault gotta be wary of england n colongne based teams. what about ferrari! its high time they start winning! what do u guys have to say. let the 5 light illuminate!