The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Yeah, its the San Marino second qualifying and race today. Wish Schumi wins this time. Even then I have chosen Alonso in espnstar.com's Mobil1 FantasyGP. Fun game, check it out.

2. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Who do you think will win at Imola??
    Do you think Karthikeyan will perform well this time??

3. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Man, did you people see the race. Anybody who has will agree that Schumi is the best. 13th to 2nd!!!!!!!!! He really kicked Alonso's a :cen: s. Karthikeyan as usual, at the bottom. Raikkonen's bad luck seems to be continuing. He got the pole position but got out of race early (not sure why). Schumi rulzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Woo hoo!!! Im ecstatic right now. Michael drove brilliantly. Absolutely amazing. Coming from 14th to 2nd is quite something. And wow, his overtaking move on Button was awesome. I'm not sad that Alonso won. He did a great job holding Schumi back. But Michael is back baby!!!!

5. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

:nw:
    Schumi rulz
    :nw:

6. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

@tejas - You're absolutely right!! Schumi's overtaking move on Button was the best move that I've seen on F1. I was jumping on my sofa when Schumi was not able to overtake Alonso (Glad that my mom wasn't there ;) ). Schumi is definitely back!!
    :rockon:

7. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

the last 10 laps really had me on edge... would it be alonso or schumi? it was a great race... though I'm sure Kimi would have won this race if he had continued, guess it was not his day...
    and yeah, schumi is back!!!!

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Ferrari was dominating maybe coz it was there home ground. Believe me, there it makes loads of difference if you are playing in home ground. Though, it would be stupid of me to tell dat car wasn't fantastic. i wish kimi wudn't be out.

@tejas....nothing can be said. i think ferrari had enuff. it time for other guys to party.

go kartikeyan go!

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

gud luck to narayen karthikeyan.try yer best.
    have u guys took look at the new mclaren mercedez f1.man it looks god asome devilish with those 2 horn like things added to it.

10. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

oh yeah schumi is back!
    it seems he said before the race "the others were chasing me until now, now it is time for me to chase them" - what a sportsman!! I love that man! whether he becomes champion again or not, this season is gonne be exciting.

11. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

the 95 belgian grand prix was one of the first grand prix that I saw - in which schumy won the race, starting from 16th position! I didn't know much abt the guy but immedietely fell in love with him. he didn't win a championship from then for next few years but I was still crazy abt him. esp. the ferrari times with eddie irvine and schumy, the time when he broke his leg and couldn't race..

12. tejas

tejas ..........

@FR - Home ground advantage?? How does a thousand people cheering you keep your car's engine from blowing?? I don't think home ground advantage has anything to do in F1 and in any case, the car wasnt the fastest, it was Michael.

@Ananth - Yeah man, when Schumi broke his leg at Siverstone, i was very sad. Irvine went to win that season though, some compensation. I liked their team, but Rubino is better.

13. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

eddie actually didn't win the season.. mika won it. eddie lost by 2 points
    schumy tried his best to make eddie win after he came back from injury

14. fictional_real

@Tejas.....Phycological advantage man. i dunno but if you are the guy who plays loads of sports you'll come to know wat i am talking about. play any game or sports....mental strength counts a lot man.

As you said car wasn't fast but micheal was.

there was a qualify round ...i dont remember but each and every driver was losing time on 2nd part of the circuit but shcumi scored more on 2nd part then i realized dat he really is the man.

15. tejas

tejas ..........

@Ananth - Oh yeah, you're right. I just checked. When did Irvine win it?? Or did he at all?? I'm confused.

16. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Who do you think will win today at the Spanish Grand Prix. I think Alonso will again.

17. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

i wish that kimi wins 2day...but think it should be schumi if his car dosent fail.

18. tejas

tejas ..........

Poor Kimi, he's got rotten luck. I hope its his day today. And don't count out the ferraris.

19. fictional_real

Kimi rulz....

hey guys,

What else you want? i was laying, relaxing and watching F1 after a tight scheduled weekdays at work!

Kimi was driving absoutely fantastic. At 12th lap, he was like 20 secs gain over Alonso. he didnt had much problem to make pit stops if you are like more than 20 secs away from other drivers. Alonso did well too. You guys should have seen crowd roaring and how enthusiastic they were when Alonso just crossed the chequered flag to win 2nd post. Good to see Trulli finishing races, as i said he is really good qualifier however his team mate Ralf, gave tough competition for 3rd postion.

Now, for the best thing happend (for me and bad for schumi fans!)

Schumi's ferrari got puntured!! i must say dat was really poor pit stop strategy. This guy wanted only 1 pit stop something? Too much pressure to take, the tyres busted. (yeah! both front tyres man!).

Kimi was fantastic again. Tough luck for last race, but this one was amazing, his teamate montoya was completely out of picture, of course Karthikeyan too but the commentors cudn't stop themselves praising this dude when he drove very smoothly and wisely.

good weekend, saw Hitch wid pals and relaxed at home watching F1.

Nice!

see you around guys...
    Vroom Vroom....!! :cool:

20. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Raikkonen wins again!! Schumi down to 7th!! Both Williams drivers Heidfield and Webber overtook Alonso in the dying laps!! Karthikeyan out of race again!! And the Minardi blocking the lot of drivers!! That one was really unlucky. Schumi overtook Barrichello on the last turn and hit brother Ralf !! I think that Monaco's race is always the most eventful!! By the way, has anyone tried playing Mobil1 FantasyGP on espnstar.com??