The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Taifi

Taifi New Member

awesome race... heidfeld surely deserved the 3rd postition esp after the collision with shumacher in the australian grand prix. it was all shumachers fault but no probz as heidfeld got 3rd position in dis race.

P.S where the hell is jenson button???????????

2. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

hey budyy bridgestone sucks only in 2 conditions first when it rain,s and secondly when it does not rains. have u seen they way tyres of the BARRICHELLO's car torned away.(in Malaysian GP)
    hey but kartikeyan had done good job.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Retired with a blown engine just on the 2nd lap.

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@taifi....yeah, i think i said dat in my last post. one of the BAR car cudn't complete the race.
    @mad man....yeah, kartikeyan did a good job. i know jordan aint helping him too much
    as far as the car's performance is cocerned but reaching in F1 itself is a big thing. i partially disagree wid u coz i dont think brigdestone sux on condition widout rain...if it was dat one ferrari wudn't have won so many titles.

@tejas.....kimi is a good driver, aggressive and mean but no one can beat montoya

when it comes to "raw-rash-mercyless" driving. thanx for the correction. i believe dat circuit is no longer in the list.

Go Renault beat Ferrari. i wish the flying fin wud never retire, i guess it was a rite decision since he knew mclaren will not be wat it was before.

Saying kartikeyan got into f1 ONLY becuz the owner was of some canadian is senseless, F1 is a big one, you may play politics and get there but u cant stay there unless u r a very talented driver. i believe kartikeyan has dat ability, patience, aggressiveness , focus and determination. in F2000, one malaysian driver was kartikeyan's partner, he use to sux before kartikeyan but he still got in F1 for manardi becuz the higher delegation of minardi had some malaysian ppl but he cudn't survive simply becuz he had no talent. Use to spin 3 to 4 times in almost each n' every race!! :shock:

go kartikeyan go! u r the best!

go renault go! hopefully ferrari domination will not be seen.

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i dont get it how is he the best? he may be good and needs our support but i dont understand the media attention.. its too much too soon.. let him prove himself first.. same thing happened with sania mirza... its not like she is steffi graf or something...
    now she attends more functions than practices.. and put on so much weight that she looks more like a telugu film actess than a tennis player.. i hope she gets back into the groove again and focusses on tennis.. as she has potential..
    coming back to kartikeyan he fininshed 11 only because better players crashed out.. other wise he woulda agin been 16th or 17th.. u gotta be realistic.. and careful while showering praise.. instead of saying he is best..
    more approiate comments should be..
    its good that narain showed some improvement.. and got lapped only once this time rather than twice... its good to see that he is paying attention to advice from his seniors like schumi... it seems this time he followed shumis trail after he over took him.. that improved his timings... and thats a good strategy as well. narain has 0 chance with his jordan car.. so he might as well use this as a learning experience.. and hopefully the media not over blow this outof proportion

6. tejas

tejas ..........

@FR - It still is. It was taken off in 2003, but was brought back last year. Its a great circuit.

7. ...

... New Member

BAR shd win the next race

8. shak

shak Harrr!

suddenly the F1 has got its charm back ...i was getting sick of watching shumi wasting champagne at the ed of every game last year .. good thing renault are putting up a fight ... at least now we have a reason to watch the race till the last lap ... not like last year ... "oh yeah micheal is gonna win, bari will have a mishap, montoya will open his blabber mouth and coulthard will get his sqaure jaw stuck in the helmet ... shyt!!" ...hehehehe

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Dammit...... I know its good comepetition and all, but like, SCHUMACHER still rules for me... Think of it... Ferrari's still using last year's car... (just a bit modified to meet the current standards). So, I can't wait till the F2005 is unveiled... there's gonna be hell to pay.

For Narain, I personally found he drove pretty well. For India, it is a big achievment. Plus, atleast he's finishing races. That's one good thing for Jordan. Both Monteiro and he are finishing races... That may end him with some test driver contract at the end of the season. Chris Goodwin finds he's got raw talent... and the thirst for speed... meanin' if you've seen the first race (Aussie), then like, on the last lap, when Fisichella lapped him for the 2nd time, Narain let him lap and then turned on the throttle as if catching up on him... to this, Chris said, "Probably a sign of things to come for the young driver from Chennai, India". And it sure does gimme a high when I see the tricoulour on the race finish positions...
    Full credit goes to Renault and Red Bull for creatin amazing cars.
    Just wait till the F2005 arrives...

10. shak

shak Harrr!

of course of course ....schumacher is already a legend for me and many others. ..he has much to be proud of .. ...i rank him as high as ayrton senna ...

11. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

hey did ne1 see the crash between webber and fisichella.... mann wat a crash it was... felt it was mar webbers fault.. wat think bout it?? and m an schumacher fan ppl but seeing him win every race was gettin bit boring.. refreshing to c some other ppl in the podium. though m sure schumi wil get bak in his groove soon as the new ferrari is soon 2 b unveiled hopefully next race... wil b interesting then... was so bad to c racers lapping barrichello.. as rightly as the commentator commented it to b a humbling experience for barri... welll all in all a really good race..
    and bout narain... i really liked his performance.. this being juz his 2nd race he has done a pretty excellant job n m sure that he wil do more better ahead... hope he gets some better teams the next season.. jordan is a bit slower.. and to b cmpleting the race and that too ahead of few others is a big achievement acc to me for a debutant in a series.. i rate him very good.. well hope he does more better..
    Now i have two drivers to cheer for... may both of them drive to success in the next race...

12. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Hi . yeah , i know narain isnt the best , but he has shown a lot of promise .he finished a creditable 11th position in one of the most difficult races in the GP circuit.If the top players couldnt finish the race , then thats not his fault . i dont think that the media is hyping him too much . i think he deserves the hype that he had got . they arent projecting him as the best F1 driver . are they ? being the first Indian to race an F1 car there is bound to be some hype. and u can even hear the commentrators say that they are very impressed with him . and i am sure next year some good company will sign him . as of now he has -10% chances with his Jordan car .

Now coming to my favourite player Sania Mirza , lol . now what wrong has she done ? I have been following her rankings since last dec . u know in dec she was ranked 176 and now she is ranked 75th in the world . doesnt that deserve some media attention ? since dec she has lost just 3 matches and won 8 as far as my memory is concerned. in teh dubai open she beat the US Open champion .but lost in the semis .
    she has it in her to become a top 10 player in the world .the loss in the semis in dubai open would have made her even stronger mentally . any player can lose one match here or there . just bcos she lost in the semis , we cant put her down .
    she has one of the strongest forehands in women's tennis today . i am not saying this , the commentrators at the dubai open said it. and she i mentally very tough . In her match against the US open champion he was 4-0 down in the first set and then she injured her ankle . she came from this situation to win the match 6-4 , 6-2 . this does speaks volumes of her talent and capabilities.

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..jay...sometimes u are a tad too sceptical

14. fictional_real

Dont you think Narain came 11th becoz he drove wid responsibility and patience. F1 is not only about scoring points and getting podium but also completing the race. Manardi is always last, however, it is considered among good cars coz it always, i repeat it always finishes the races.

if you think completing race is piece of cake, i dont think so, coz concentrating for more than 2 hrs is difficult, atleast to me.

Sania Mirza is young and immature, flying high due to media and excess attention is understood. Though i dont think she is losing her focus.

Narain is still best for me, coz being frm india, he has made to F1.

i am proud of him and i think he is mature enuff to remain focus and not start flying high due to media attention.

@chirag ...well said.

15. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Re

After each success everyone is bound to get some media attention . Our cricket team gets it , but they perform too. so thats notwrong by any ways . offlate sania has been egtting some attention . she attends parties , doesnt mean that she doesnt practice at all.

16. fictional_real

I think media should give attention to other sports too. Like for example, HOCKEY. we are not bad team as hockey considering the fact like poor facilities and sponsors they get. Though Sahara is the sponsor now but it came much later on.

17. tejas

tejas ..........

First qualifying done. Alonso first, Trulli second, Michael third. The F2005 looks pretty good. Better things for ferrari maybe. Lets see.

@FR - Dude, are you gonna see it live??

18. Taifi

Taifi New Member

where the hell is my team BAR. :(

19. tejas

tejas ..........

Alonso won. Trulli second. Kimi third. I was so sure ferarri were gonna do better today. The car is still not reliable enough. They better do well at San Marino, it would suck if they do bad in their home grand prix. Michael was actually in a strong position, damn that transmission problem.

P.S. I meant Rizaaj in my earlier post, not FR.

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

arghhh,...renault won...not again...btw..wheres karthikeyan?