The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Mar 17, 2005.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

hey schumi fans out there!!

F1 is back. Good news, our very own kartikeyan is there racing wid God schumi!!

So wat Schumi didnt win the Australian Gp (was it Austria? :eek::), everyone knows bridgestone sux during rains. am sure schumi will come back on the next GP i.e...the malaysian GP. i just love the big U turn dat circuit has. i love the A1 Ring ....kewl four right turns. (how can u forget dat....both jordan drivers spinned there!!)

wat do u think ..who will win next GP?

wat do u think of kartikeyan? will he survive? :shock:

say watever u like relating to F1.

i miss mika!!!

2. tejas

tejas ..........

It was Australian. The Austrian Grand Prix in the A1 ring, has been dropped off the calendar. I don't think Bridgestones being bad under rainy conditions had anything to do with Schumi losing the last race. He made a stupid mistake. He didnt give Hiedfield enough room. I bet that move is under scrutiny. Normally Marshals don't let people get away with such stuff. Next is Malaysian. Thats on Sunday. My cousin is going there. If not for my stupid exams, I would have joined him. Anyway, I think Schumi will come back strong in the next race. He always does.

Damn, thats a long post. By my standards atleast.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I will definitely be watching the race this weekend. It's going to be amazing. I quite like these new rules (which in my opinion have only been introduced to break Ferrari's winning streak). Anyway besides cheering Karthikeyan on, I will be rooting for Renault.

4. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Yeah, they have only been introduced to break ferrari's winning streak. Funny really, they've changed the rules thrice in three years, all to achieve one thing, and all three years its been a ferrari one-two in the championship. Thats saying something, isn't it?

On a side note, I will be supporting Ferrari and BAR this season.

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I'm so a Ferrari addict... Ive been hooked on to F1 since like that @$$ Villenueve won the title from Schumi... the last race... ne1 remembers it???

Kartikeyan is gonna survive... and most probably, he'll be taken in as a test driver by some team... (hope)

FERRARI RULE... SCHUMI RULES... BARRICHELLO RULES...

Too bad no tyre changes... I miss the superb pit stops and strategies of Ferrari... That's what really won them the races!

6. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Yeah, I remember that race. That was Schumi at his arrogant worst. It was so funny. That was actually my second season of watching formula one. Haven't missed a race since.:)

7. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

hey.. F1 is being held here in Bahrain for the second time on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of April... im definately gonna go this time..

8. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Are you in Bahrain??? Or are you planning to go there???

9. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

im in bahrain.. stuck here from past 21 years.. :(

10. Taifi

Taifi New Member

jenson button is gonna cum strong in da next race. i just feel it. long time since BAR won a race though. i missed the first race(saw only the highlights). what r the new rulez. can ne xlapin them to me. xcept for the won that theey cant change tyres during the races

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

A same pair of Engines to last 2 consecutive races... And like, once the race begins and someone cannot start, that driver has the option of starting from the pits.. but like, the race duration is shortened by 1 lap.

12. tejas

tejas ..........

New Qualifying format. Consists of two parts. The first one takes place on saturday and the second one early on sunday. Both are one shot qualifyings, with the drivers starting in the order the finished in the previous race for the first one. For the second one, drivers start in the reverse order of the times in the first qualifying. If a driver were to blow an engine, they are allowed to make an engine change but they will move 10 places behind their qualifying grid position.

Hmm....What else??

13. Taifi

Taifi New Member

thanx buddies

14. fictional_real

Malaysian Qualifying round.

whoa whoa whoa!!

Qualifying race was gr8.

Ferrari aint on p1 and p2. need i say more? :shock: :beer:

i always knew Trulli had the inbuilt talent to be a gr8 qualifier (sad though he sux when it comes to completing the whole damn race!). Ferrari suxed big time. no wonder Renault ruled took the p1 and p3 position.

kartikeyan? he is 10th i think....his partner is 11th (good dat he is always behind :p:)

i think fisicella goona win the race. dat short guy is one of my fav. drivers when i saw like 3 yrs ago racing on belguim's spa forschoscam circuit (f^^k urself if u said i spelled it wrong :p:)

it will b trilling guys, be on ur toes. the race will be definately interesting than discussing Tendulkar's talk-of-the-town dismissal :annoyed:

Rock on guys!!!

Enjoy!

15. tejas

tejas ..........

Where is Trulli starting?? I thought Alonso was 1st. And Trulli doesn't suck when it comes to the race, he is good. He couldn't have won the Monaco Grand Prix last year if he sucked. Lets see what happens in tomorrows qualifying. I'm surprised with ferrari's performance. I expected better. And Takuma missing the race is kinda sad. Anyway, Im gonna be glued to the TV tomorrow. Thats for sure.

16. fictional_real

^^^Trulli is in 2nd position. hey, i really didnt mean trulli sucks ...sorry, i was a bit harsh! but, he had bad reputation of not completly the race mostly becuz he puts more pressure on engine (well, dats one of his secrets to qualify faster!!)

@Tif....amazing prediction abt BAR. sad to tell ya....but if u dont know one of BAR engine blewed, he cudn't complete the race.

Kartikeyan is 17th position :shock: ....long way to go.

i just saw the start of the race....superb superb superb start by kartikeyan. u shud just see to believe it. amazing.

dunno....wat will b the results....i gotta sleep...had to work whole saturday nite at office. cudn't even take beer.....damn!

plz update guys!
    :rockon:

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

yea jordan sux, this year is a stop gap year for them.. and their new russian-canadian owner.. thats the only reason narian got selected.. hes gotta make the best outta this lottery he won and come up with some respectable performances.. till now he has looked lost.. and hsi car and engine aint helping him either..

18. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Go Renault!!

19. shak

shak Harrr!

1 F Alonso (Renault)

2 J Trulli (Toyota)

3 N Heidfeld (Williams)

4 J Montoya (McLaren)

5 R Schumacher (Toyota)

6 D Coulthard (Red Bull)

7 M Schumacher (Ferrari)

8 C Klien (Red Bull)

20. tejas

tejas ..........

Good race. I had fun watching it. Brilliant drive by Alonso. Trulli did good too. And for Heidfeld its about time. He has always impressed me. I was disappointed whem McLaren took Kimi Instead of him three years ago. But finally he's got a podium finish. Thats great. Ferrari guys need to get the new car up and running my Bahrain, this ones no good.

And by the way FR, i forgot to add this in my last post, its Francorchamps.