The First Official Forum Poem - Rules

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by esgallindeion, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

We are about to start the first forum poem. The rules are as follows. We decide on a theme and then someone posts a first line. People follow up with one line each. NO multiple postings.

Lets decide on the theme first. We want your opinions as well. So join in the discussions. Each person who contributes constructively in the poem shall receive 500 points from me. (That should raise some eyebrows, if nothing else!)

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Love the idea. Do we get a say in what the theme's going to be? Anyway, im not really sure its okay to reply here. So, i shall stop now.

3. esgallindeion

Ya, I was waiting for everyone to begin discussing on a theme. Looks like no one's really interested.

4. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

hey, i'm intrested but i didn't read it before, thought it was one of those "rules" threads......anyway i'm suggesting heart ache as a theme.....but it's up to you

5. esgallindeion

Well, lets make it more creative. A sort of a storyline involving heart ache? A soldier at war thinking of his wife, for eg... its a bit cliched, so lets think of something else.

6. tejas

tejas ..........

Okay. Lets see, i personally write most about life in general. I suck at heart aches, cause i never had one. So, its upto you, u guys decide and i'll contribute. In the meanwhile if i can think of any topics, i shall post.

7. esgallindeion

How about this storyline... a slave in a ship thinking about his past life when he was a jester in the king's court and how a war destroyed his city and the enemy took him as slave... he thinks of the princess whom he loved... poem should begin full of grief and hopelessness, giving way to anger and the resolve to fight as the story unfolds...

This is a very complex storyline... if anyone can think of something else, please...

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Wow essi, im amazed you could even think of such a complex storyline. I'll try to write something about it. lets see how it turns out. And yeah, i'll try and think of some other theme aswell...

9. esgallindeion

Its supposed to be a forum poem... we all write together... one line at a time... the poem will be editted in the first post to fit in all the changes...

10. tejas

tejas ..........

Oh cool, i certainly forgot about that.Hehe.Okay, so start essi. I'll continue..

P.S. Are we the only people interested in this?

11. Reem

Reem Banned

I think we should start with a simple story as a beginning..

12. tejas

tejas ..........

Good to see that ur interested. Well, yeah. That topic is not yet decided.But the other problem is that if the story is much simpler, we wont be able to put in everyones contribution. Oh well, lets see about that. first lets get the human resources.

13. esgallindeion

No, the thing is that someone should give a direct example of a simple story so that we can work on it! Any ideas, reem?

14. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

a suggestion : how about writing something about first love , all those interested can take about a week to write it down , essi let us know the last day of posting and we work on it , i think the topic will be a bit emotional , a bit naughty , easy for some , sad for others , so on , etc etc ....

i am for it ,...

15. tejas

tejas ..........

Oh well, count me out. I dunno what first love is... :eek::

16. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

well sure u must have had some kinda crush on someone in school or at college , just write abt it , .,... try dude , u are an artist , u need to imagine , lol ... dun imagine too wild eehhh....

17. esgallindeion

Well... i don't think u guys still get the hang of it... we decide on a theme and write together... we decide each and every line of it in a thread... something like the 5 word story... only this time we discuss everything together and then the person who created teh thread will keep on editing the poem on the first post...

18. tejas

tejas ..........

Oh...okay. Sorry essi, for being too dumb.lol. Anyway,in that case, no problem. But one thing, where do we discuss?

19. esgallindeion

We make another thread... well... if ya'll think its better to write individual poems, then thats ok too... anyway, it must be something which everyone finds suitable... so keep on discussing and get others to discuss as well...

20. tejas

tejas ..........

No, we'll do ur idea. Create another thread, and then someone starts and others add to it. In the end the best ideas are put together and the final piece is posted in this thread. That ought to work out, what do u say?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.