The first ever guitar news & fav band info tread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by wisevijay, Jun 7, 2004.

1. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey guyzzz heres a post where you can poast various articles on your favourite band or any news related to music. :beer:

let me start this thing first,

Rolling Stones bassist has his lost guitar back after 40 years

WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Nearly 40 years after he lost it, Rolling Stones bass player Bill Wyman has one of his guitars back, thanks to a New Zealand musician.

Wellington music maker and business consultant Nick Sceats airfreighted the bass to Wyman two months ago after discovering that it belonged to the rock star.

Now, Wyman has sent a note to Sceats, thanking him for the bass that he thought he'd lost forever, local media reported Friday.

"It doesn't look too bad for wear and tear, considering what it has gone through and the traveling it has done over the years," Wyman wrote in the letter, excerpts of which were printed in Wellington's Dominion Post newspaper.

"Once again, thank you. Your kindness was well appreciated," he said.

The rare guitar, called a Wyman bass, was one of a small number that the manufacturer Vox made in the 1960s, and the only Vox guitar adorned with an endorser's name: Wyman.

It's still unknown how the 67-year-old rocker lost the guitar in Wellington in 1966 on tour with the Rolling Stones.

Sceats, who had the guitar in his possession for 15 years, said it was known among local musicians as the "legendary Wyman bass." So he wrote Wyman saying he had a bass guitar which may have belonged to him, and offering to return it.

Sceats said he was stunned when Wyman wrote back to say it was definitely his, and that he would love to have it back.

wisevijay. :rock:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Jayanth Leaves Sympton Now.. The Band is in Major Jeopardy as their Metal Maniac has left.. Following his footsteps, Vocalist and the Bassist have left and regrouped with Jayanth to form Neurosis. Awaiting the income of their ex-Keyboardist Nitin and also Welcome new drummer.. The band is doing better with out the Guitarist who love Kal Ho Na Ho and the Drummer who wanted to play Lucky ali..

3. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Hey jay famous rock bands would be prefered than some local bands.............................anyone heard of symptom or neurosis???

4. jayanth

Guitar Gal and assasin know my Band.. He he..

5. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

6. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

only 2 of the 1000+ members of IGT...................bad score........hehehe

7. jayanth

Better than Bill Wyman.. I guess..

8. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

what better than bill Wyman.........the whole world knows him and his band........::p:

9. jayanth

Some one mailed me askin who the hell is bill Wayman..

10. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

umm, sorry.. but seriously, who da hell is bill wayman? :p :)

11. jayanth

He he.. good one Gal..

12. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

:-( where the hell i m......between people who cant read ENGLISH.Its written i clear,clean and simple english....that he was the bassist of Rolling Stones.::p:

13. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

OHH!! fine.. i read dat post loooooong ago, u kno.. dint really strike me u wer talkin abt him!!! :p sorry!!!! dumb me! :)

14. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

You should be sorry...........hehehehe........::p:

15. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

hehehehe.......

16. jayanth

Wise for the first time.. Rise to the occasion .. Ties the third know.. Fries thru his mind dumb..

17. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

huh??? :confused: dusnt sound familiar.... :think:

18. jayanth

does not sound familiar to me either.. Its a new song calles Wise A^^

19. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

Wise A** thats u i think.........hehehehe.........:;):

20. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

LOL... :) hehehehe... ur composition, jay???