The Fastest Shredder

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sayanakaharry, Dec 2, 2004.

1. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

Come one with your opinions. Who do you think is the fastest shredder alive? As for me, I think its MICHAEL ANGELO BATIO.

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

Rusty Cooley,
    Michael Angelo Batio,

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

What about Yngwie Malmsteen?

4. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

Michael Angelo and Yngwie Malmsteen are definitely right up there ... but neone heard Paul Gilbert and Jason Becker ???

If you havent then i suggest that u do ... coz they will give you some serious doubts ... :)

:rockon:

5. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

Almost all Yngwie Malmsteen's music is a blend of Speed, Melody and incredible techniques, which makes him a perfect shredder, and also a favorite of many. Listen to the songs like... ummmm.......???? "Bite the Bullet" and the solo of "Motherless Child". By listening you can clearly make out almost all the notes played, doesn't sound so rigid to play either while listening.. but when you pick up the guitar and follow up......sometimes you just feeling like giving up guitar, if you ever called yourself a shredder. But anyway don't worry, Xerox and dubbings are possible only because they are processed by machines. Maybe one day even Yngwie will end up with an excuse for not being able to play the sick solo you came up with…JK

Undoubtedly Michael Angelo is the fastest guitarist known to the world, I don't know if there is anyone faster than him from my village ;)... JK…
    And amazingly he can play with both hands at equal ease but I think he is less favored than Yngwie as a Shredder, as Angelo's music is so dull with no melody at all.
    Frankly speaking, I like ONLY TWO songs by Michael Angelo : "2X again" and "No Boundaries" although the ending part sux.

BTW have you listened to the solo of the song “Fred” by Alan Holdsworth (Check da Spelling of the artist by yourself)? There is a lightning speed part in it. I can’t commend on him even though the solo stunned me for a while, coz that is the only song I’ve heard by him.

And yes Apratim, Jason is my second Fav. and Paul is the master of alt' picking but here we're talking about the fastest shredder.

6. kaiser

kaiser Bored

theres this song featured on the once upon a time n mexico soundtrack.....goes by the name cucka rocka. its a cover of a mexican folk song, cucaracha.

theres no electric guitar, only accoustic. and i think whoever played it is super duper god, man......

anyone knows this song? its performed by a spanish rock band called 'chingon', which means 'bad ass' in spanish....

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

I Think Most Of The Country Pickers Are Not Mentioned..
    And Those Guys Which Kaiser Has Mentioned..u Know Those Guys Who Melt The Fret Board Of An Acoustic??

8. apratim.mitra

Hey Mamasteen ... u heard michael angelo's Speed Kills ... I think that was quite awesome ... as for acoustic guitar players ... i have heard some amazing stuff by Los Lobos ...eg on the Desperado soundtrack ... and i find the Masters of Acoustic Guitar - Oscar Lopez to be truly amazing ... an awesome blend of mellifluous tunes with lightning speed ... :nw

9. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

aparatim, first of all there is no such song by michael angelo as Speed Kills. "Speed Kills" is the title of the entire video guitar lesson by Michael angelo on speed picking. And i'm sure your'e talking about a song you saw on a video yeah? on which michael angelo is playing a guitar with body shaped like an F-16 fighter (silver color).
    I don't exactly know which song you have in your mind, but I have a feeling that you're talking about the Song "No Boundries" which I've already mentioned in my Fav. List.
    BTW I used to think angelo is an alien after seeing the video for the first time lol... how can he play the licks so fast with finger tips facing downwards, and yeah his hands also are gr8 break-dancers..michael jackson is a joke .....

hey apratim, thankyou so much for telling me anyway.

10. apratim.mitra

yeah well may be ... coz that was what the name of the file was ... the guitar was one with almost 28 frets i think and it did look like an F-16 come to think of it ... that was the video in which he plays harmonics with his left hand flying above and below the fret board so fast that it almost could not be seen ... and had a lot of sweeping and stuff ...

there was a part in the middle that sounded similar to steve vai - crossroad ... well hope that helps to tell u whether that was the same song or not ... :)

11. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

Yeah that is exactly "No Boundaries".
    & If you still have some doubts this is how it begins...
    --------------------13--17~--------------
    ----------------15-------------------
    ------------14--------------
    ---------15--------------------------
    --12-17-----------
    ---------------

...One ell of a rockin guitar song i wanna learn

BTW, doesn't he look like a Future Tarzan with a Lazer Gun in the video? lmao

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

If you're looking for some shredding on an acoustic listen to anything by Al Di Meola.

13. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Jason Becker and Michael Angelo obviously are there on the TOPS list..

I personally like Paul Gilbert..

14. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Michael Angelo is definitely one of the fastest... probably the fastest. But like someone mentioned, his music is devoid of melody and melody is very important for me... Yngwie has definite melodic style and he's fast...

15. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Nuno Bettencourt is a great Guitarist too.. Some how i feel what essi says is true.. Melody is Important..

COB's Alexi Laiho shreds like crazy too.. But there is melody.. Not the same with Many others..

16. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

quite right MAB is devoid of melody. but his technique is outstanding and he IS the fastest shredder, aint he?

17. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze New Member

I think it was Shawn lane, or Sean Lane however he spelled his name, but he passed away though

18. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

shawn lanes also awesome man...
    i have a video of him playin a gig when he was 17 years old...and boy.......
    i couldnt imagine the finger dexterity he had.... such huge stretches...it made me cry..lol..

19. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

honestly, never heard of michael angelo batio or shawn lanes..mind telling me abt them?
    i'd rate yngwie malmsteen above paul gilbert..

20. PurpleHaze

PurpleHaze New Member

Just google it! I mean shawn lanes,But I was not talking the quality here, I was taking his name cause he was the fastest.