The Easiest Way to Play the G and F Chords

Discussion in 'Hindi Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by meet_shiraz, Mar 4, 2006.

1. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Guys the easiest way to play G is to put one of your fingers on the third fret of the e string and strum eBGD strings i.e the bottom 4 strings (xx0003)...And for the F Chord:-
    3rd finger on the 3rd fret D string
    2nd finger on the 2nd fret G string
    1st finger on the 1st fret of the B and e strings...strum the bottom four strings i.e. eBDG (xx3211)
    ....Enjoy!!!!My guitar sir taught me these...

2. mr singh

mr singh New Member

no offence, but the G chord sounds crap without the bass, its not 2 hard 2 play neway, a bit of practice is all it takes :)

3. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Hey....Theres not much difference in the two with or without bass....and without bass it sounds sweeter...As for the practice thing-Hey dude?Know what....I can play the G chord using bass with ease....Its just that i wanted to post the new method as it is novel and uncommon.....Peace

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

(in reference to the G pattern proposed)

How lazy can you get? Work your lethargic fingers.... :annoyed:

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What he said +1

6. meet_shiraz

meet_shiraz New Member

Lazy but nevertheless effective on acoustic guitar for beginners like me....Though i can play the G with bass comfortably,i prefer to use it without the bass on acoustic guitar...peace

7. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Even real n00bs can play G...

8. mr singh

mr singh New Member

lol, meet_shiraz, i didnt want ne arguement, i ws jus sayin that it is a very easy chord 2 play, n it seems that im not the only one who feels that

9. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

you know hendrix usd to do tht a lot..but the exact opposite ..he used to play only the G bass note and strum the rest of the strings ..

and the open F chord you are sayin requires the same amount of effort to play as a barre F ..cuz ppl arent used to barrin only the E and B strings and it takes some practice to get the notes from the E and B strings to ring properly ..sure u can play it sloppy barrin only 1 string properly ..but u are better of learnin the bar form ..

on the acoustic ..the easiet g and F chords will be the power chords ... and i mean the three finger power chords are the easiet to play .will sound chunky but will get the job done ...

for g .this aint a power chord but

E---0
    A---5
    D---5
    G---4

its taken frm the bar chord but sounds cool .and al u gotta do is slide the E chord shape to 5 fret ..

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I cant play G,does that make me a fake n00bie?? :annoyed:

@satch_attack: yeah, the best thing about using such chord shapes is that one can easily slide between different chords, which is very cool.

11. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^^:oops:

u just changed my mind :grin:

12. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

The best way to play G and F is barre chords !!!!!!!! they rule !!!!!!

13. LETHAL

LETHAL New Member

dont fucck the guitar
    play right

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^:shock: HOW HOW do you guys come up with these phrases? That goes on my list of quotes
    "Dont fucck the guitar"

15. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

lol ! :think: dude.. that was a bit rough ... but I am still laughing my head off :)

16. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Like, the moment i read that, it evoked a response of utter laughter....amazing, how much humor exists in this world.

17. vishwa_reborn

vishwa_reborn New Member

*the thread creator may b thinking why he created the thread *

18. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

agreed.....barre chords are the best.....
    well....earlier even i used to play F like that.....but then i practised a lot(for weeks)and finally got it right:banana:....playing the easier versions of the chords is a bad habbit....once u learn the easy way...u dont want to learn the real thing....so itz better to learn it the hard way, no matter how much time it takes....
    guys, why is this thread in "hindi guitar tabs-submit or request" forum???:confused:
    should it not be in guitar tips or in beginers Q and A?????

19. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^yeah, where r the mods? :grin:

20. bsharp

bsharp New Member

hi,
    These pattern is good while doing rpgo..
    But while chording, the absence of bass strings matters..
    Any way for a beginner this is a good way to progress..
    Once one expertise on this pattern then he/she can gradually expertise on the six string pattern too.