The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by m_waleed86, Oct 30, 2005.

1. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

i read this superb book about 2 months back and some questions have been buzzing around in my mind???

Now plzz dont give any mind less immature answers over here and i dont want to start a debate here....i just want my doubts cleared....

Now if anyone of you have read the book...CAN you tell me that what ever is mentioned in the book about christianity....Is it true or not???

Now i dont want to specify any thing about Mary magdeline or bout the rites of the Priori scion sect!!...but can you just confirm that if its true or not??????

:confused:

2. m_waleed86

and bout the HOLY GRAIL too????

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Will be able to answer those things in about three months..

4. m_waleed86

hmmm....why so quick.....take your TIME!!!

5. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

PRiory of sion is a sectret society which had Leonardo da vinci ,victor huggo, Sir Isaac newton and others as its members>ITs true.

there have been boooks like "The holy grail,holly blood" which state that other things regarding christanity are also true, many historians , artists and scholars agree with it. but we cant say that it is true 100%.

most of them believe that the paintings of da vinci make it evident that marry mangdelin isn,t just a myth. its true.

but there has been allota debate over that and it's still not decided whats true and whatz not.

i personally believe that parts of it are deffinately true , otherwise how do u explain so many evidences which prove it. But in order to not hurt the feelings of the church and the ppl who believe in it , we dont say that.

i hope i could answer ur question.

i love the book. i dont read much , but i loved reading this one. it's definaltely one of my faves..........thanx for starting a thread on it,

you can make it a dicussion thread over this book where ppl can express what they feel about the concepts disscused.

any further questions are welcome.
    :rock:

6. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

i have read this bok too......and some months ago there was a programme on Discovery channel where they discussed the same thing....the fact is that different ppl have different opinions on the autheticity of the book's statings....

^^i go with ak........Priory of sion is true.......and i believe thing about marry mangdelin is also true.....but its very very controvertial and can shake the roots of christianity...thats why i think no one agrees to da facts..(or are they???....) :think:

well talking about the book,...if you liked Da vinci code,...then "ANGLES & DEMONS" is a must read......i felt it was better than Da vinci....the latter became popular just coz of the controversy surrounding it......

i was so obsessed with Ambigrams after reading that book that i made my own ambigram and ambigrams for IGT :cool: ....even created 2 threads here....check them out...

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=7096&highlight=ambigram

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=7130&highlight=ambigram

i have read two more Dan Brown books-"Digital fortress" & "Deception Point".....he's awesome..... :rock:

7. m_waleed86

^yup i was looking for angels and demons but couldnt find it......anywayz
    and Ak what do you think bout the code that he guys have....i mean the code bout finding the grail....i think at the end the guy finds the place....is taht true?????

Now of the author knows and a 2 to 3 million people(not sure bout this) know this also( coz of the book)....why dont they clear this then?????

8. m_waleed86

hey ....and what fdo you guys think bout a forum to discuss bookss....i Know the site's bout discussing music but ....do i forward it to the mods!!!!

9. ankit_tulsyan

ankit_tulsyan New Member

no book or author can claim to know if chritianity is true or not (this book makes no such claims ..)....... here by christianity i mean the tales and stories behind the religion .............. christianity or any religion for that matter is a way of life ..........and the stories are just "illustrations" to help us comprehend the preachings better and maybe give us something to hold on to in times of need n despair ................................the book just says that the original christian beliefs and teachings were modified to exclude women from all positions of power and also to make it more easily acceptable by different communities .........(like including some egyptian and other symbols and distorting the meaning of others .....)

10. ankit_tulsyan

ankit_tulsyan New Member

the last resting place of the grail shown at the end of the book is fiction as everybody including the author understands.........not to be taken seriously...............nobody is even sure it exists leave alone the place it is ........

11. Hardik

Hardik .:.:.:BoRn TaLenT:.:.:.

^^thats true...i agree 100%.....:)

12. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

@m_waleed..

ankit answers ur question...........

13. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

I guess you missed the program on Discovery Channel over 'Cracking the Da-Vinci Code'!!
    They proved it..that the entire book contents are false and fabricated!
    Hence this book has been banned in many countries...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

14. m_waleed86

hmmm.....but the method used by the author makes everything so convincing..... that's an art!!!!

15. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

^^^Now that remembers me of the many wrongly proved Mathematical Proofs...which seems so convincing..

Its just the fact that we dont see a thing from all angles... If we do...then we wont be convinced so easily..

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

16. m_waleed86

^^yup i agee.....but who cares when you are totally addicted to the book...i tried finding about the content on the net.....but most of the sites didnt give facts....

people who are very phyilosophical (wrong spelling) only tend to look at an object from all angles.....ppl now a days dont have enough time!!!!!!!!!

17. Tanvi

Tanvi New Member

Actually, this book cannot be called a classic or anything. But its a fantastic read. Primarily because of Dan Brown's research. He has got his hard facts right and then further went about to build a fictitious sequence of events. Hats off to him!! Same for Angels and Demons. And for his other, less famous 'digital fortress' and that one book i forgot the name of. One cannot be totally sure of whatever he wants us to believe. Due to the very fact that so many books have been written on this in the past, we cannot totally ignore it. There must be something......... it might just have been blown out of proportions. Even a small rumour can turn big once it reaches the last person in just very little time. This one is a matter of many centuries...
    While some have already proved Dan Brown wrong...
    There will be sceptics, and there will be sceptics... people have also gone about proving that Appolo 11 did not actually reach the moon, and that it was a big fabrication by NASA.
    Are they sadists who can't bear others success and theories? Are authers such as Dan Brown just capatilising on the emotions, fears and psychology of the masses for commercial success...
    Who knows... Dan Brown himself may be a member of the Priority of Sion... even one of the grandmasters spreading the word...
    And yes... Let the louvre be... it's an astonoshing structure!!
    Well, enkoy the book.. and don't think too much about it. It's just fiction....

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hmmm.....all book worms are gathering here!