The Da Vinci Code - Will you watch it?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, May 18, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Has all the controversies revolving around The Da Vinci Code movie made it even more popular? Who will be watching it and who’s not?

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^It's apparently horribly made according to a reviewer of the NYtimes. I'll still be watching it of course, but when the nytimes says it's bad, usually it is bad.

3. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

catholics in mumbai r quite matured they wun break theatres lyk sainiks well if they dun i ll surely watch it ;)

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i may or maynot watch the movie.

either way, its nothing new. a quick google will tell you all about this and other er.. controversies regarding the origins and formation of christianity.

5. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

Watching it..
    its a freaking movie, for gods sake..:shock:

besides you sometimes need a break from wet sari clad chicks dancing around trees singing in the rain.

If it bugs you...think of it as Alice in Wonderland :banana:
    it always works for me..

6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

watching that for sure

7. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i cant.....atleast not alone....coz its been branded with an adult certificate in india and im only 14....:mad:

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Is that a question worth even asking?

Would anyone ask the same for Ice Age II?

The movie makers never claimed that the story reflects the truth. So I take it as a normal movie.

+ Movie critics are usually the worst pathetic creatures who are killjoys + no sense of enjoyment.
    SO I guess if they say movie is bad ...... it must be good.

Definitely in for the movie.

+1

10. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

liked the book...will watch....
    i think its time we started ignoring controversies....i mean....its only a movie yaar....not mk gandhi's chadhi..

11. suchin

suchin New Member

I have been advised to not read the book as they know I wont read it beyond 3 pages.

I am gonna watch the movie and then I will claim tha I have read the book and seen the movie too.

Its more about Tom Hanks and less bout the movie. [Me..greatest fan of him]

Can't wait anymore to c d movie.

12. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

I'll watch...

13. paati

paati New Member

press has been bribed by opus dei. dont listen to the press.

14. coolhemant

coolhemant New Member

i thnk the person who has read the book will b eager 2 watch the flm
    like me

15. im going....nochance to miss it...

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ill watch defo but i heard the movie suxed.

17. coolhemant

coolhemant New Member

i thnk the person who has read the book will b most eager 2 watch the flm as i iam

18. I will definately see the film even though I have not read the book.
    But not because I agree with Dan Brown's theory.

I actually take this as faction (Fact & fiction) and Dan Brown has plagerised many items from other books for the Da Vinvi code.

Nevertheless it opens up several questions and gets people thinking and that is what appeals to me.
    I want people to search for the thruth and not always accept everything they are told without catagorical proof.

Now something for you guys to think about.

The Da Vinci Code is based around Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting 'The last Supper' (I believe that is what is called).
    It depicts Jesus and his twelve disciples.
    The theory is that originally it originally had eleven disciples and Mary Magdalene. But the Catholic Church forced Da vinci to paint over Mary Magdalene with the tweleveth disciple.

Now forget all this crap and think why doesn't any question the painting in the portrayal of Jesus and all his disciples as White anglo saxons
    When clearly Jesus and his disciples were acutually of African origin and more likely to have middle easten features, skin and hair colour.

So i reapeat - question everything and search for the truth
    because only the thruth will set you free.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Coz no one wants to.
    :p:

We humans want to belive what we want to believe.
    And yet maintain that we want to look out for truth etc.

Actually truth = collective/mass ignorance as I mentioned somewhere else also.

20. ok

So bend over and keep takin it.