the coolest kind of trip in india

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, May 17, 2005.

?

best week long (max) thing to do during trip in india

1. Lazing (and gazing) on the beaches of Goa

12.5%
  2. Lazing in the backwaters of Kerela in a house boat

12.5%
  3. Going on a trek in Sandakphu in Darjeeling, or "lake trek" in Sikkim or some other similar

25.0%
  4. Camel safari in Rajasthan + any one fort city ( options = Bikaner, Jaisalmer)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Relaxing in hill station (options = Himachal belt, Uttaranchal belt, Darjeeling, Sikkim)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Checking out the "lunar landscape" in Ladakh - though 7 days is too less

12.5%
  7. Doing a "circuit" - sanchi-khajuraho-orcha-mandu in M.P / Puri-Bhubaneswar-Chilka-Konark etc

12.5%
  8. Adventure - skiing (Auli), Snorkelling, rafting (Teesta), Mountain climbing/biking etc.

25.0%
  9. Getting away !! - like in Auroville, Varanasi, Yoga/Ayurvedic sessions, some forest banglow etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Studying "India" in the bustling cities - Delhi, Bombay, Calcutta, Hyderabad etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

dude..if in one yr u visit tht many places 5 yrs u'll cover whole india....

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

goa, sikkim, darjeeling, shimla, jaisalmer, udaipur, mandu - these fit your bill readily.

there are lots of other places too though.

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i know i will someday.....

and some sunny day........ i'll also see all of europe, north america, other places in asia & central/south america.

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

but most of the places in india is so bloody hot , you dont feel like going out to check out some exotic locations , untill and unless you travell out when the weather is juss perfect - otherwise the heat can drive you nuts ...

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

true - during summer only hill stations are suitable and during winter most of india, except the hill stations themselves.

but you are in africa - how come you are complainign about the heat?

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

correct but if u plan ur vacations well...like visitin hot places in winter u can actually have a good time....

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

so wheres some first hand lowdown about hampi-puttadakkal-belur and mahabaleswar ??

igt-ers from karnataka and tamil nadu ???

8. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Mahabaleshwar is great....i've been tehre quite often...and i bet u have seen this one in movies too often....:):)...i mean all the scenes where the horses run on the open plateau , the car goes over the cliff, the picnic spots, and numerous love songs....they all have mahabaleshwar in it...:)

Hampi.....great...they've started some restoration now that it's funded by world bank....also if possible visit kishkindha....the famed city of the monkey king Sugreeva and his commander Hanuman...:)...i wanted to go there but didn't get any time.....:)tell me about it.

And yeah i searched about Koenraad Elst...great guy...I am reading his articles now...from his official indology site...:):)...thanx for the info....

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

er did you mean mahabaleswar, as in ythe place near mumbai?

i am going to mahabalipuram, the one 60 kms from chennai !!

i made a type - what with such similar names !!

where exactly is this kiskhinda - near hampi?

and about Elst - in pm please, not here.

10. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Yeah i meant the place near Mumbai...:)

and about kishkindha.....that's my mistake...Kishkindha is the name of the old state of which hampi was the capital....but theres a mountain called kishkindha something...nearby...i think th guy was talking about that....

i hope u hav e already visited this one...if not then go to ...
    www.hampionline.com/history/

:) :beer:

11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

ok ty... and if the megadeth thing is true then i will drop in to mumbai - and check out mahabaleswar too

12. wisevijay

wisevijay newbombayrox

hey guyz.....jamhead man thatz a lot of travelling!!!!!
    here r da places where i have gone on a vacation....
    goa
    khandala
    lonavala
    shimla
    kulu&manali
    daman&diu
    delhi
    mahabeleaswar
    matheran
    bordi
    kerela
    and my best vacation was 2 USA...i went 2 see the niagara falls,saw the whole of NY also the statue of liberty,philadelphia,and then to the other end in washingto to visit my cousins.

in india my trip to shimla & kulu,manali was the best!!!