the best lrycist ever!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Megadeth 2, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Megadeth 2

Megadeth 2 New Member

TWO WORDS!!!!!!!!!............Dave mustaine!!!!!!!! i love his lyrics especially in holy wars and in ashes in your mouth (countdown to extinction in case you didn`t know)
    and adrian smith (iron maiden)
    wht about you???:rock: :rock: :rock:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I have to agree about the Dave Part.. I like him a lot too.. I like Dread, Sweating Bulets, Symphony Of .. Etc..

3. tejas

tejas ..........

My favourite lyricist would be either Maynard James Keenan or Brandon Boyd. They are my favourite vocalists too. Other than them, Dave mustaine would rank high in my list.

4. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

mine has to be Bob Dylan

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I will agree with rabi... Bob Dylan's lyrics are unmatchable... But I also like some of the lyrics written by Hansi Kursch, Steve Harris/Bruce Dickinson and Sonata Arctica.

6. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

me a bob dylan fan too. that guy has a whole genre of music to himself.

7. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

What about David Gilmour's Girlfriend.. She writes amazing lyrics too..

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

kurt cobain.....simple and truth...some feelings which we need guts to express.
    james hedfield....fade to black. period.

hey...guys. can u tell me wats to great abt dave mustaine...why did u like his lyrics?

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

couldn't agree more.. love dylan for his lyrics.

stephan jenkins can be amazing........... vedder is very powerful and point blank

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Steve Harris/Bruce ****inson- Iron Maiden
    Mike Akerfieldt- Opeth
    Cant think of any more.

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Just read them. You'll figure it out.

12. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
    David Vincent (Morbid Angel)
    Lord Worm (Cryptopsy)
    Maynard (tool)
    Jerry Cantrell

13. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

wasnt there alreadyt a thread like this??

14. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

this was the thread

15. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

no i posted my favorite vocalist somewhere else in a thread.

16. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

whoever wrote november rain he a damm good.bruce ****enson,bob dylan
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

metal in my opinion is not known for good lyrics. has a metal song every gotten any song writers award? :) ever? and it will never.
    grunge will do better than metal imo. bands like nirvana pearl jam and soundgarden.

my favorite song writers .. billy joel , alanis morrissette, john lennon and current favorites: eminem and john mayer.

song writingwise my favorite hard rock/grunge song.. black hole sun by soundgarden. that was a classic.

18. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I beg to differ sir. I can provide many examples of unbelievable lyrics in the death metal arena. Far superior to many things you will find in the rest of the music realm. Go read the lyrics for any song from Death's Symbolic album. I doubt many philosphers let alone musicians could write better material than the content of that one album. Here's an example. 1,000 Eyes by Death.

The reason why no metal song has got a song writers award? Because people have their heads shoved up the asses of so-called (non-)musicians like Usher and Spear Britney. Do I care if metal musicians get an award? Absolutely not. They get the respect of people of listen to beautiful, talented and awe-inspiring music. Do I want metal to become known for what it is? Absolutely not. I would rather keep the evil being known as MTV and the corporate mainstream away from the abode of musical nirvana that is heavy metal.

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

can u post the interpretation? I didnt understand it. whats he talkign about?

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

britney and usher dont have song writers award too.. i dont think they write their own songs (or sing them)