the best gazal singer.

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ak&guitar, Oct 21, 2005.

?

vote for ur fave gazal singer from the list.

1. JAGJIT SINGH

33.3%
  2. TALAT AZIZ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. MEHNDI HASSAN

16.7%
  4. PANKAJ UDHAS

4.2%
  5. GULAM ALI

16.7%
  6. HARI HARAN

29.2%
  1. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

hey whose the best among these.......

rate them ......

jagjit singh
    talat aziz
    mehdi hassan
    pankaj udhas
    gulam ali
    hari haran

2. ankit_tulsyan

ankit_tulsyan New Member

hariharan ofcourse

man !
    whaen u talk of any kind of vocals hariharan is god!!
    he,s the better than everyone else put together........

3. ak&guitar

how many gazals has hari haran sung..........whicj of them do u like?

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Hari haran sounds good..;)

nIK!!:nw:

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the best among here are mehdi hassan (correct it, its not "mehndi") and ghulam ali in that order. jagjit singh comes third but his ghazals post the "mirza ghalib" days are very filmy. the rest are not ghazal singers at all, they just dont have the calibre, and what they sing is DEFINITELY not ghazal.

6. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

mehdi hassan is the best
    next comes talat aziz
    then ghulam ali
    hariharan
    jagjit
    pankaj udhas is the worst

7. ak&guitar

@sayanakaharry

if rest are not ghazals then what do u call mekadein band karein............

if u think hariharan doesnt have the calibre ........then u have a misconception dude,,,,,,
    even jagjit singh cant sing that ghazal the way hariharan has sung it,

8. sayanakaharry

@ak

hey chill. i was referring to the fact that apart from mehdi hassan and ghulam ali the others dont sing traditional ghazals. you know, the ones with vistaars, and taans and sargams and lotsa vocal tricks. the others sing more or less "filmy" ghazals which have more aggresive and westernized orchestration including drums and keyboards and Dj's and stuff. the traditional accompaniment for ghazals is a harmonium, table, tanpuras for backup, and either a sarangi or a violin. the compositions are also different nowadays, veering away frm traditional ghazal style. i have heard "maikate bandh" its a great song, and hari haran really is good at it, but its just not wat im looking for. should have explained better, sorry. :)

9. ak&guitar

^^^

its ok dude..............i m chilled , its just that i like hari haran very much and thought that u were sayin that he aint good enough.........but i get ya now........:wink:

u seem to know allot bout ghalzalz..........what else do u listen to? do play something ur sing ur self?..........tell me more...........

10. sayanakaharry

bin learnin indian classical for the past 11 years. only recently( about 3 yrs ago) i took up the guitar an started doin rock vocals. so thats kinda new to me. otherwise, i listen to all sorts of stuff.

11. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

Jagjit and Chitra are *THE BEST*

12. amitvashist

amitvashist New Member

I can rate them personally in this mannar:
    1) mehdi hassan
    2) gulam ali
    3) hari haran
    4) jagjit singh
    5) talat aziz
    6) pankaj udhas

13. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

All r too good....personally ..i like Ghulam Ali's voice very much....

14. sayanakaharry

ya and the things he does with his voice. they seem playful, but are immensely difficult things to do.

15. ak&guitar

wanna know difference between jagjit and ghulam...........listen to thier repective versions of "kal chowdvi ki raat thi" u'll start worshipping ghulam ali.:rock:

16. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Ask me .. i'll say ..
    It's a very dumb idea to compare so many legends .. i don't wanna be offensive .. but u comparing legends and finding out da best is a mere waste of time .. as far as liking is concerned . . it's different .. u can say u like a particular singer more than the other becoz of UR PERSONAL taste .. regarding who's better .. no one can say ..

17. ak&guitar

but if u know the technicallities of music then u can tell who is better........dude ......u arent being offensive ..........and i hope that i'm being clear. right? :rock:

18. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Then tell me .. who'z a better singer .. Mohd rafi or Kishore kumar .. its utter stupidity .. to compare such legends .. cummon .. u know da technicalities right ?? i believe everyone is a learner .. so we should not judge .. enuff said.. i won't argue now ..

19. ak&guitar

ok ............ok i wont argue.........

koool with ur idea..........fine

20. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

all r gr8s!!
    i dun think they shd be compared..