the BARKING sound

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ijlal, Jan 1, 2005.

1. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

hi all
    well i just changed my strings..and when i played my guitar it started " Barking" especially on the D string first 5 frets ..when i pluck it ..it sounds like something " DHUSS" or " BHUSS" whatever u can understand....
    any suggestion..i have epiphone Jumbo acoustic..
    regards

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

BARKING SOUNDS??????

i have no clue wat would make that - but the "DHUSS" sound might be because of the following:
    1. worn out strings
    2. problem with your tuning keys...

have it checked out - sorry cant help u over the net

3. shak

shak Harrr!

have you changed over to a Very HEAVY guage from a light guage string???....if yes i reckon you have fret buzz...try elevating the strings from the bridge (if you have fender trmolo syle bridge then highten the individual saddles...if it is gibson style fixed then try by elevating the whole bridge by turning the post screws clockwise) and also check your truss rod ... fret the e minor string at the first fret and then the 22nd fret or 24th which ever you, and when the string is fretted at those places the distance between the string and the 12th fret should not be more than .01 mm..if it is adjust your truss rod...if you still face the same problem take it to the guitar shop and get it fixed
    note: do not try these methods if you are not entirely sure of what you are doing!!

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i think u will have to increase the action of ur guitar.

5. shak

shak Harrr!

good @dharmatma ...you said it in one sentence which took me a whole paragraph to explain.... :)

6. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

@dharmata...thanks dude...it worked :D
    regards