That thing?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by horsesmouth, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. horsesmouth

    horsesmouth Active Member

    At 1:42 of this song: (MK) (Zinda Hoon - Strings) HD - YouTube
    That distortion thingy, that slide something... :D

    I want to know what that is called and how it works..
    I tried the simple slide down and bend but it sounds weird... also I don't know what it's called, so can't google for it..

    If it matters, I have an epiphone special II guitar, and a RP-90 Digitech processor.

    somebody, anybody out there?
  2. alpha1

    alpha1 I BLUES!

    Though I cannot listen to it from here, I would recommend you to add flanger or phaser.
    Most guitarists - esp Strings love to use these effects.

    Try both: flanger sounds more like wooshing sound made from your mouth while singing.
    Phasers sounds more like a very mild wah wah while you are singing.
  3. horsesmouth

    horsesmouth Active Member

    I tried flanger and phaser, but doesn't sound like it...
    it's that distortion slide you usually get in the intros or before a chorus or before a power chord riff...
  4. horsesmouth

    horsesmouth Active Member

Share This Page