Thanks, now see the Hobner !

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by astrowiz, Jan 31, 2005.

1. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all ur tips and suggestions.
    I bought my Hobner 265 Export from New Bharat Music Shop in Lajpat nagar this weekend.
    Rs 2500 got me the guitar + Extra Strings 1,2,3+ Soft Carry case (Hobner)+ few plectrums
    which I think is a good deal.

Looking fwd to loads of fun filled moments with my 'first real 6 string'. (and discussions on this site)

Thanks once again.
    ;)
    The pics are at:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[Pls copy & paste the addresses if these links do not work on clicking.]

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Cool dude;) Although i doubt my suggestions helped, i'm glad that you got a good deal. Best of luck bro;) God bless:)

3. shak

shak Harrr!

good guitar @astro.....glad you found your match ;)

4. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Here are the pics attached.... :beer:

Attached Files:

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

nice, play her real good now ya hear?

6. d_ist_urb_ed

Shez a beauty.....play her good, treat her good, and talk to her too occasionally:p:

7. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Ha Ha...Sure d_ist_urb_ed I'm gonna take good care of her :p: , she is already responding nicely to my touch !!
    :)
    Here's one more snap....

Attached Files:

8. d_ist_urb_ed

Man, sure does look sweet from every angle...........

9. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Here's another angle - this sure is an angel !!
    (Now..now..I am not obsessed with her..only that she's my first one !)

Attached Files:

10. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

congrats astro, the guitar is good for starting on or a little ruf-n-tuf playin'..

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@astrowiz....nice, nice, nice.

how much it costed u?

12. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Thanks fictional_real: it's price is in the first post man ! - Rs. 2.5 K :)

13. d_ist_urb_ed

How's ya playing going along man? It's great to have a good looking guitar and all, but what's the use if ye dont play it? How're you doing in that regard?

14. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Hi d_ist_urb_ed, thanks for your concern - I am taking (group) guitar classes and till now I have learned the E Octave(s) and also some chords - C,D,A7,D7,G,Em (Though the tutor hasn't taught the chords - I just took some online lessons ;) ).
    Man ! shifting from one chord to other smoothly is TOUGH !
    Also playing the octaves without looking at either of the hands is taking in a lot of practice.

Interestingly the tutor said that the hands should "Flow" over the strings (while playing the octaves for eg..) and unless one gets that it is impossible to play or play-to songs...I guess that's the same as someone writing in one of the discussions that "......u would know what to play but will be sad as your hands can't move/change notes that fast, if....." . Is it ?
    More importantly am I on the right track ?
    :think:

15. d_ist_urb_ed

Hey there dude, it's my job to be concerned;) Anyways, nice to see that you're progressing quite well. It's good to see you take professional classes as well as supplimenting that with some online lessons. Keep up the dedication and you'll go places;) Shifting between chords is tough but with practice you'll switch between them smoothly and efficiently and that's when you'll start building confidence. And what you said is perfectly true. Yep, you're on the right track buddy.

16. fictional_real

@astrowiz....2.5k ....wow!!!

can u tell me frm where u got it. i'll go and buy it too!!!!!!!

no kidding

17. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

u can find this guitar anywhere - if ur in bbay - furtados or bhargavas

18. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

Hey FR: Pls do read the first post.... This was bought from New Bharat Music Shop, Lajpat Nagar, N. Delhi.
    :rockon:

19. fictional_real

^^oh i see...though i doubt i do get the same guitars 4 dat price in mumbai.

@death...thanx. however, as i said ...i dont think i'll get the same guitars 4 da same price astrowiz got in bhargava's or furtados....lolz. i knw these shops actually :p:

20. astrowiz

astrowiz New Member

If you can haggle then you can get a good bargain ;) ... In my case the seller initially quoted 2975 for this without any addons, but then after some negotiation, finally setteled the deal at 2500 including the accesories :) - In Delhi, it's a given that you HAVE to haggle otherwise you'll be ripped by the shop...not only for music instruments but almost everything else !!
    :p: