Testament Kicked Ass!! I met Greg Christian!

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by Mr. Scary, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

So like on the thursday that just passed by I traveled to Dubai and, I got to see the greatest Thrash Metal band that ever existed- TESTAMENT! They TOTALLY KICKED ASS! As soon as the set list started, I pushed myself to the front of the stage and was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALEX SKOLNICK! Everhy little moment I had I would shriek "ahhh ****! ALEX!!" don't think he heard anything though Haha.

Of course they kicked ass, I went ****in' crazy during Sins of Omission and Disciples of the Watch usually I'm not the type to sing out loud but this my favorite band of all time, of course I'm not going to hold back! The crowd was great, especially the Indians present there (whoever said Indians couldn't mosh, should have seen the pit near the front!) In a pit I got kicked in the shin like a billion times and some guy just wouldn't let go of my hair. So anyway, they played the exact same setlist as the one they performed on the Live in London DVD.

After their set, Greg Christian came to the side of the baricade so I ****in' RAN! Had the chance to talk to him for a while...What an amazing guy. Half the time I was suffocating him with ass-kissing of how awesome of a bassist he is. He just kept cracking up and shaking his head. Anyway he shook my hand and went ahead and hung out with some of the other fans.

By the time Megadeth got on stage, I was drunk off my ass (my cousins loaded me on beer). Dave Mustaine said a five minute speech of how great it was to play in the Middle East. Megadeth put on a kick ass show as well, but Testament definitley made my night!

2. tejas

tejas ..........

WOW. I'm sooo jealous! Testament AND Megadeth! Awesome!

3. Mr. Scary

Definitley a dream come true for me. =D

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, I'm sure. Damn, why cant they come here? That'd be sooo awesome!

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Lolz... Megadeth were supposed to tour, right?

Anyways, amazing gig, huh?
    BTW, what was the setlist for Megadeth?

6. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Damn, you got the opportunity to mosh in a live show ATLAST. And the indians moshing thing was spot on :beer:

EDIT: On this note, i ask for a headbanging smiley

7. shsnawada

Thread moved to music reviews

8. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Some people have all the luck!!

9. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

*jealous* ......thats all i can say

10. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

damn MEgadeth and TestAment together gr8.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ahhh Gr8

Invu.

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

booo..

yes u heard it right

booo :phbbt:

PS--u got any pics?

13. nihilism

nihilism New Member

i liked megadeth better
    YEAH IT WAS AN AWESOME THRASH NIGHT

14. shsnawada

How's the pain in the neck for both of you? (did you mosh together?)

15. Mr. Scary

I didn't meet nihlism there, we didn't contact each other. I had my hair sufficently long for moshing, but due to school policy I was forced to shave my head. I'm almost bald...

I recorded Sins of Omission on my phone, all you can hear is the drums.

16. shsnawada

I dont know why schools even care. When i was in india (kendriya vidyalaya), they had similar rules. North korea has them too. (for everybody). Most ridiculous and useless school rules that i've seen.

Hehe, i know what youre talking about. Phones are unbelievably shitty in recording concerts. But be happy that it didnt go as far as you saying " hey, that sounds nice but which song is it?" as it does with grindcore.

ps: Was this your first metal concert?

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^ d00d, [indian_nazi]long hair on males is against our culture[/indian_nazi]

LMAO little do they know that before British, usually everyone kept longer hair.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

welcome to the guild :grin:

19. Mr. Scary

Unfortunatley for me SHS, this was my first REAL one yet.

20. shsnawada

^ What was the "unreal" one? :grin: