Tell me sm software 2 tune my guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ding381, Jul 24, 2007.

1. ding381

ding381 New Member

ppl can u plz tell me sm software 2 tune my guitar..
    send me link
    thanx

2. zing

zing Machine Head

3. fishtank

fishtank Member

why do you want a software to tune your guitar when you can do it yourself
    this way you will improve .softwares are there to cripple budding guitarist.
    if you depend on software for such basic job ,then what would you do when you need to tune your guitar outdoor????

4. zing

zing Machine Head

+1

5. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

6. fishtank

fishtank Member

1.first of all tune the first string (thinnest one) to the desire note
    the standard is E
    you can do it in many way
    a.(by using a piano or keyboard) play 'e' note on the keyboard and tune the first string to this note
    b.(by using a pitch pipe) blow the pitch pipe that is of 'e' note then tune your first string
    c. (by ear) well this requires years of practice(and i am proud to be able to tune this way he he..)

2. having tune the first string tune the second string
    a. (by using a pitch pipe) blow the pitch pipe that is of 'b' note then tune your second string
    b.(by using a piano or keyboard) play 'b' note on the keyboard and tune the second string to this note
    c.(by using your ears)
    d. (relative tuning) press the second string on the 4th fret then match its sound to the first string played open

3. having tune the second string tune the third string
    a. (by using a pitch pipe) blow the pitch pipe that is of 'g' note then tune your third string
    b.(by using a piano or keyboard) play 'g' note on the keyboard and tune the third string to this note
    c.(by using your ears)
    d. (relative tuning) press the third string on the 5th fret then match its sound to the second string played open

4. having tune the third string tune the fourth string
    a. (by using a pitch pipe) blow the pitch pipe that is of 'd' note then tune your fourth string
    b.(by using a piano or keyboard) play 'd' note on the keyboard and tune the fourth string to this note
    c.(by using your ears)
    d. (relative tuning) press the fourth string on the 5th fret then match its sound to the third string played open

5. having tune the fourth string tune the fifth string
    a. (by using a pitch pipe) blow the pitch pipe that is of 'a' note then tune your fifth string
    b.(by using a piano or keyboard) play 'a' note on the keyboard and tune the fifth string to this note
    c.(by using your ears)
    d. (relative tuning) press the fifth string on the 5th fret then match its sound to the fourth string played open

6. having tune the fifth string tune the sixth string
    a. (by using a pitch pipe) blow the pitch pipe that is of 'low e' note then tune your sixth string
    b.(by using a piano or keyboard) play 'low e' note on the keyboard and tune the sixth string to this note
    c.(by using your ears)
    d. (relative tuning) press the sixth string on the 5th fret then match its sound to the fifth string played open