Teleportation

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Allerian, May 14, 2005.

1. Allerian

Allerian New Member

Hey all - what would be cooler than ordering a new guitar and having it instantly beamed to your home? Or stepping into a transporter and instantly appearing at another location around the globe instead of driving or flying?

Well, we all know that can't happen yet. It's becuase there aren't enough people taking practical teleportation seriously. Let the world know what you think at https://www.teleportationnow.com/

Pass it on.

2. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Theres a reason there aren't enough people taking practical teleportation seriously. Thats cos its a load of bullcrap.

3. Allerian

Allerian New Member

In 1977, Ken Olsen, the founder and CEO of Digital Equipment Corporation, said, "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home." ;)

4. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

sceptism runs high everywhere

5. shak

shak Harrr!

it is possible to teleport physical matter ... infact it has been done recently ..

dont u guys listen to the news or anything? or are ya too busy discussing your love lives??? who kissed who ... how many times... your first love ... :annoyed:

anyways.... back to topic
    some really brainy (but cool) scientist have managed to teleport a proton(or something ..oo my poor memory) over a distance of few meters .... i will do a search and then post in detail. (heard this on radio 4 bbc)
    by the way it was done in university of vienna by a preffesor ...

6. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

dude, "teleporting" a "proton" and teleportation as this thread aspires are entirely different things
    besides that "famous" "teleporting" of proton was simply transferring physical properties from one atom to an atom at a different location. If you think that that means humans can be teleported, good luck!
    money spent on useless research like seti and teleportation can be better spent on useful things like finding a cure for cancer or aids.

besides, I haven't replied to the kissing or the love life threads, so don't quote me in association with such threads.

7. Allerian

Allerian New Member

We could use teleportation to speed up research on cancer and aids. Reducing time.

8. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

It would be cool if all this could be true.....................

9. shak

shak Harrr!

@annanth222: i dun like skepticism and i hate pessimism, why do people give up so easily i dun understand.... when radio first began, the geeza could only send the mssg as far as a kilometer or so, and the peeps started sying that its impossible to do long distance radio linkage becuz of curvature of earth, magnetic fields and other nonsense .... proved wrong!
    there are HUNDREDS of things which were considered bullcrap and repeatedly alleged to be "waste of money" and "would not work in a million years" ... but they did!!
    so stop being so cynical, teleporting a proton is a major step, it was thought to be impossible to actually "clone" a proton, let alone telporting it, but it has been done ... its good to know that u have actually made a search on this topic, hahahahah at least you agree that proton has been telported ... so its not total bullcrap, and as i always say "DONT underestimate the humans!!!" .. never ..
    hold on tight, wish em luck (the money aint goin from your pocket so why are ya bothered about the expenses let em spend it ..its good for the humanity.. what gives??) .... and get the tea ready i'll teleport myself to your house in 15 years o so ;) ..
    P.s: that love thread thingy wasnt meant for u ... sorry i should have types that before i qouted you.

10. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I feel that nothing is impossible. But this is too good to be true. :eek::

11. Allerian

Allerian New Member

The US Air Force studied teleportation in August of 2004. A PDF of the research paper is posted on the TeleportationNow site. Interesting stuff. Personally, I don't have my head in the clouds. I need to see a book moved three feet and then we'll start thinking about moving food, medical equipment, or people.

What I don't get is why the US and other countries spend so much money on space travel. The ratio of energy consumed vs. actual results seems ridiculous.