TechFest 2005 IIT Mumbai, Powai!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by lord_neo, Jan 23, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Techfest may come off as just another science and technology festival to some, but those who have experienced it would realise just how grossly under-rated that statement sounds. The annual fest held in January has the clear-cut distinction of being the largest fest of its kind in the entirety of Asia. Having gone international from 2004, it, now, strives to be reckoned among the best in the world

Techfest, which will be held on 28-30 January 2005, anyobdy visiting TechFest this yr?

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i wud be there most probably.....
    last time i was there...it was like whoa ....chicks all arnd...rock .....but damn no drinks inside ...beware of the guys who r gays who check up wallets and pockets before u enter....dont be surprised if they make u wait like 3 hrs...but come wid ur pals...or u'll be dead bored before show starts...

P.S...hieght of stupidity....i see a peon or a person of IIT staff came wid his wife and 2 small kids to watch the rock show...i was like...man, this is disgusting....those 2 kids started crying....his wife had no clue if those guys playin of stage where actually men or women coz of their long hairs...

was funny.

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes wasnt an bright idea bringing kids to a rock show. Last time wehad vip entry as we were working with one of the sponsors, so i didnt experince the security check.

4. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Is this TechFest or Mood Indigo ? ... I think 'fictional' has confused the two...Or am I wrong ? BTW ...When I was in 2nd year... i had attended a MTV concert... it had Anaida in skimpy clothes and all....!! But the average age of the people watching it was probably 50!!! And they were actually SITTING on the chairs for a concert ...?! eek !!

5. fictional_real

^^^i thought both are same. or are the different? wat a shame.

6. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

tech fest is diff ... mood indigo is type of "cultural show" ( what they call in other colleges) .... music and masti sorta dramas and dances etc .... tech fest technology fest ... which has robotic war , science exibitions puzzles these kinda competetions ...

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

whats wrong in a peon bringing his wife and family to a rock show?
    was the show rated adul-t?

8. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah you've confused techfest and mood I . .. moodI just got over in end december but last day shows were canceled because of the death of ex PM PV narsimha rao .. and also because of the tsunami disaster .. . but they have the rock show now on 24th i think as a charity show for the tsunami victims. .. i dunno about the tech fest. . techfest is different where in you have programming copetitions, robotics competitions, and other technology competitions. .. there is no rock show in a techfest .. .

9. fictional_real

^^^thanx man.....didnt know. i just got the passes :)...tom...i'll rocking!!!

@madhura....how do u knw so much abt IIT, powai? u live in dubai ...rite? damn...shame of me. but who cares? :p:

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Man FR..thats a big mix-up.....We at IIT-Madras too have a tech-fest (called Shaastra) in October...our cul-fest,Saarang is going on right now(21st to 26th)
    ..all I can say is ..they are like..Chalk and Cheese!..I think the same wud hold for mood-I and Techfest ...:)

11. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah..i was it IIT Mum last time...i was alone and had to wait in the line for 3 freaking hours..couldnt believe it.

PS:mad:nebu..hey im frm IIT Delhi..chemical.

13. fictional_real