Tech Talk

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by joejoejoe123, Nov 11, 2011.

1. joejoejoe123

joejoejoe123 New Member

[Deleted] is a new forum dedicated to helping with you with your computer problems. We take pride in our customer service, and we will make sure you enjoy your stay. We have discussion sections for blabbing about your day, a place to introduce yourself, and even an exclusive forum where contributors can relax.

We are on the lookout for moderators, so if you're interested in becoming one, flick an email to [Deleted], and tell us why you want to help. Looking forward to hearing from you!

[Deleted]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
  2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

hie there...i have a problem...a got my friend's pen drive and as soon as i entered it ...each an every folder and subfolder of my local hard disk drives are automatically generating shortcut files of those folders...and a folder named system volume information and recycler exists whenever i delete them...they again come back ...i dont want to format my full pc coz i cant afford to loose all my important files...please help me out sir...

3. joejoejoe123

joejoejoe123 New Member

Sounds like your friend has given you a serious virus. The only option, other than formatting, is to take it in to a shop and have them look at in person. Sorry I can't help.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Do you have antivirus?
    You should've scanned the drive prior to opening the drive.

Even now you can try to run the antivirus.
    If this doesn't work out - then go the bootable CD way.
    Avira AntiVir Rescue System - Download
    AVG - Rescue CD | PC Rescue and Repair Toolkit

Burn the ISO image on to a CD.
    Change the boot sequence by going to your BIOS - and make CD as the 1st priority.
    Insert the CD, boot.
    And follow the instructions.

If this doesn't solve, then format.

5. Sumanovo razor

will spyware doctor help

6. Vader

Vader New Member

is it the qseach virus?

7. Sumanovo razor

didnt get u...

8. Vader

Vader New Member

does the virus redirect you to the homepage qseach
    also do you still have admin privileges
    if you do then good
    else think twice before formatting

9. Sumanovo razor

no nothing as such...happens...ya i can access my admin...the only problems which i face is ...my pc's speed has slowed down...and the shortcuts dont go...even microsoft .ink folder multiplies itself

10. Vader

Vader New Member

ok then no probs tell me if this helpscontrol panel
    folder options
    uncheck hide protected operating system files(recommended)
    u'll be able to see ur folders now which have become sensitive information and also the virus in a folder named something like "hu1h23u123hpuhkm24dd"
    highlight the virus and press shift+del
    thats all a can help you with

11. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Haven't you tried a system restore yet?
    Just roll back your sytem to an earlier restore point, if you are lucky it will solve your problem!
    How to do this:
    Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.
    Just click the Restore My Computer to an earlier time and follow the screen instructions!
    Good luck!!!

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ But system restore is not going to purge his system off the virus.
    It will still be lurking there, waiting to be clicked and then again it will ruin his windows configuration.

Sumanovo - try whatever malware removal tools you can. Nothing will hurt.
    I just gave you the final steps that you should take before embarking upon formatting.

13. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I had the same problem...I installed Malware Bytes and scanned the PC...Its a Virus..I think with the name "Blood Hound".. But this software shud definitely help

14. Sumanovo razor

thats basically a worm....which is multiplying itself...ya you r right system restore...changes the settings and restores the application but it has hardly got any connection with the worms...my friend suggested me to run the pc in safe mode...in safe mode the worms are inactive and hence they cannot multiply them...i have to delete them one by one...but they are too many in numbers...guess they are in lakhs now...have tried norton also but didnt work...i dont have a broadband connection so cannot download huge files...poor me...

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Shift to linux.

16. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

The best answer there is is already given by Vader.
    It happened to a friends laptop and here's what i did:
    Uncheck the option "hide all hidden and system files and folders" in folder options. You'll find it in control panel -> Folder options, or directly in your explorer window if you use windows vista or later.
    You'll find that your original data has been hidden as system files (these are nothing but attributes 's' for system & 'h' for hidden, so your data's safe) and your visible window is filled with shortcuts of the same name, but leading somewhere else, mostly the way the virus multiplies.
    Also you'll find a weird folder with the virus in it. delete it, and all the shortcuts. and dont run any other shortcut file till you know its not a virus for sure. I guess the virus installs itself somewhere in my documents folder, though I'm not entirely sure.
    There are antiviruses to protect you against it, but they're no use if you install it in an already infected PC (they'll only detect the virus, but not delete it). So rid yourself of it, and get a good AV.

17. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

18. Sumanovo razor

i use that hiding files option very often...in order to hide some private videos... ;p...i use windows xp service pack 2...i keep on changing between windows 7 ultimate and windows xp coz i find them to handy...the only file i get to see while using the unhide option is recycler folder and system volume information folder...which am not able to delete...my sister recently bought a new samsung laptop with which she got kaspersky antivirus 2011 single user for free...i really dont know whether to use it for my desktop or for my sister's laptop...my sister wouldnt mind if i take her laptop's antivirus...but then will kaspersky be able to remove those malwares permanently...m confused...

19. Vader

Vader New Member

...or ubuntu

20. Vader

Vader New Member

Get Avast
    why pay for an antivirus when the best one is free
    it kicks virus butt man
    however in this case you will need prof. help
    also dont transfer any info from your infected pc into the healthy one

P.S. good choice on the samsung laptop