Tech Help: Solutions for Computer Related Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by cronix, May 25, 2006.

1. ayaan40000

ayaan40000 New Member

What if there is no line in and i still wanted to connect my guitar to my laptop which has only a mic input and headphone input??

i used to use Guitar Rig on my computer before (guitar in line in port) now my comp is gone n i hava laptop instead which has no line in.... any help guruji??

2. nayansurfer

nayansurfer New Member

i bought a digitech rp 355 multi effects unit which came along with cubase le4 recording software.I run windows 7 & satisfy all required system requirements.When i try to launch cubase, windows reports some error.Is it not compatible?

3. valorous_vinay

valorous_vinay New Member

Try formatting with hp usb formatting softwares

Download from here
    HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

4. valorous_vinay

If you have a built in mic in your Laptop you can easily record through it.Else get good quality pc head phones with mic and it works wonderfull if you place ur mic properly near to the guitar... i used it(Recorded) with jet audio and it sounds great.

5. valorous_vinay

Check if your files are getting deleted as soon as u finish downloading them(Because of some virus in ur pc) which might be causing problem.
    Run a ful system scan for malacious spyware or virus in ur pc.Or run a system recovery for ur windows to recover any missing system files which is causing problem and if all this doesn't helps then go for window's re-install(Fresh) -

6. valorous_vinay

Follow this pls... if u haven't started this :p
    Does Cubase LE 4 work with Windows 7?

7. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

Improper suggestion !!!

1) Ask him first if he is using an electric or an electro-acoustic guitar... (mother Earth knows who mics an electric guitar)
    2) If u have assumed it an electro-acoustic, tell him to get a USB interface to connect guitar (sound card or USB mic) ...cuz the person who has the habit of 'Line-In' jack will ultimately dislike laptop's internal mic & any headphone mic..
    3) Ask him which laptop it is..many laptops come along with mic/line-in combo jack...they can be altered by the GUI control panel of sound driver
    4) May mother Earth bless ur internal mic recording (which sounds great)

8. valorous_vinay

@harmoniser : I agree.. I only considered about electro-accoustic,and I told that by Headphone mic recording (through my Accoustic Guitar) Sounds great,not by internal mic recording :)