Tech 21 Sansamps GT2 Vs Tri-AC

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Nouman011, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

How do they compare?

I know that the TRI-AC has preset switching capability, but lower gain. And a more classic voicing. Are those the only Differences?

Would it be possible to boost the TRI-AC into high gain territory similar to the GT2?

Do they work well with Tube Screamers?

2. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Yes they do. I and prefer the GT2 tone over the Tri-AC. But I prefer the AMT FT over them both.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If anyone has a t00bscreamer to spare, I can help :)

4. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

hi...

had both of these....for live playing, tri-ac is great, better sounds come from gt-2. that should be the only point when deciding on these two. as fpr gain, you can use them with pedals, or gain channels of your amp, but, for high gain settings, i'd avoid both of these... just not for that, although gt-2 has some good hi-gain sounds... i suggest using sans amps only with some booster (nothing is better then vox over the top boost), or a compressor for cleaner and blues sounds (boss...). for heavier stuff try line 6 dist modeller... or damage control pedals, they're great (can get them thru pro-musicals in chennai)

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ you play t00b amps ... and you promote Line6 stuff?

:O

6. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

hi...

...one more thing... there's no perfect amp, or a guitar, or a pedal... some are good for somethin' and useless for other things. so, it's best havin'em all... :) or as much as you can
    and by the way, i don't promote anything...line 6 is good...up to a certain point...then u won't ever want to hear any modeling thing. period. just a free advice

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I am gonna move out of AMT club soon. I feel too bored with them....Looking for something more organic. Ordered a Damage Control Demonizer and Womanizer :D

Tri-AC is kick ass. GT2 has better high gain tones but Tri-Ac is much more sweeter sounding...

8. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Can i have the fatal tube :p Ill give you a digitech deathmetal + behringer reverb for it

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ I can sell you Metallizer, if you are interested.

Reason: I dont play that much of heavy stuff, and whatever heavy I play, Tri-ac is sufficient to take care.

Ronnie: Long time man. Womanizer! The t00b pedal?
    And demonizer too?

Seems like you won some lottery ;) :grin:

10. Shreddy

I don't think i'll be able to arrange money. :(

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well you can throw out all your metal pedals after Metallizer.

That much gaurantee I can give you.

12. ronnieanand

Both of the pedals have 2 t00bs in them :)....They were really raw and organic which is something AMT missed.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ and should be able to do the tones with all the sparkle and shine and smoothness.

14. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

****!! womanizer AND demonizer both! arent they like 800 dollars combined??!!

you might as well have put in some more and got a nice VOX AC30 or something...what are u running these pedals into?

15. ronnieanand

I wont buy anything that I cant take for gigs. Otherwise, I could go in for a $2000 amp and a nice boost..

16. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

but what amp are you running them into??

and its not really very hard to carry an amp to a gig, however big it may be. I'm sure u have a car of your own(since u seem like a rich guy). If i can carry my guitar in a bulky hardshell case WITH my pedals wala bag AND my amp to practice every sunday in an auto then im sure anyone can. Unless you're gigging everyday or are doing an international tour without roadies hahaha!

Even for outstation gigs, its not very difficult to carry your amp as cabin baggage.

All this is excluding the holy grail of tones that is experienced with a nice all-tube amp.

17. Shreddy

Off topic: But our band fit:

2 laneys
    2 guitars
    3 people
    3 school bags
    2 processors

into one auto lol. I cant believe we did it lol. Im almost 2 so thats 4 people.

18. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You're almost 2
    a) tons?
    b) people?
    c) years old (mentally)?

I'm guessing all of the above :p:

How the hell did you not break anything?

19. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

MUAHAHAHAHA! I guess the concept of cubic atomic packing came into play

20. Shreddy

No idea! and i mentioned pplz lol. Funny thing is the auto driver said give me whatever you want so we gave him 20 bucks and left. But i still cant believe we did it