Taxyse's Guitar Videos.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by kaiser, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kaiser

kaiser Bored

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone New Member

And who is he? I found his playing sloppy. Someone forgot to tell him about phrasing as well. No phrasing = shit Comfortably Numb solo.

3. kaiser

kaiser Bored

Hehe...

Sorry, Sir, for the lame videos, maybe you could teach him a thing or two, eh?
    I don't want to sound defending but he's done pretty good for himself; the guy doesn't own his own gear yet.

PS: In the original post, it doesn't say these are the best renditions of whatever is covered.

4. thehundredthone

See this is the thing. If someone puts their material up on the internet, it's basically there for everyone to see, and the person should be prepared for some criticism.

I felt it was sloppy, I said so. It seems to me that when someone puts up a song they only want people to say "Good job" or "Nice playing". What if IMO it was not "nice"? Sure he's done pretty good for himself, so now what? No room for improvement? He's fast, pretty damn fast but sloppy. I'm both slow and sloppy; but I sure as hell hope this is not one of those "If you can't do it, don't comment on it/criticize it" threads.

It doesn't have to be the best rendition. But then you will receive comments saying the same. If you don't want any comments on it please make it clear. I'll keep my "Sir"-ly fingers away from the keyboard.

5. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

dayum...whyd he have to put them up here...
    and darn atleast the comfotably numb solo wasnt shit...bleh

6. kaiser

kaiser Bored

I agree with you completely.

However, it isn't your criticism, but your style of commenting that, you can say, irked me. It could have been put forward more tastefully.

Thanks for your opinion anyway.

Btw, what are you the hundredth one of?

7. thehundredthone

Well, I generally keep my criticisms as tasteful as possible, but there are days.

I'm also quite bugged of saying "Good job, but you can do better". When a person puts up his material, I have begun to assume that he knows it's a good job. (Although if it truly isn't, then... :secret: )