TaUGHT oR SeLF~TaUGHT ???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by paranoid13rohan, May 12, 2007.

1. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

actually the question is stated like this ~ are you self-taught or did you have a private instructor to teach you guitar?
    i know some of you are half taught and half self-taught.
    but whatever it is, basically i want you people to share your guitar learning experience with us.
    also if possible add the name and location of your teacher(if any).
    and if you are a self-taught, please share how you went about exploring this world of guitar on your own.
    i think this thread will be of great help for beginners.
    :rockon:

2. yazi

yazi Banned

Ok, can we spam now?

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

^^ learned guitar frm Ritesh Sejwal.....................in Safdurjung Enclave....................nw i learn it on ma own.................1.5 yrs of learnin, 1 yr playing..................

4. yazi

yazi Banned

Well, I started out with Amit Uppadhyaya in Katwaria Sarai, South Delhi (Adjacent to IIT). Great guy. For a 1000 bucks, he takes classes every day except Monday. And his workshop is full with guitars and synths. You can spend as much time as you like there. Hell, I stayed for a day there. That is how much he trusted me.

5. angel_of_sin

^^can u gimme da full address??????????

6. paranoid13rohan

thanks for sharing yazi and angel_of_sin.

but exact address,phone numbers and e-mail id sharing in PMs only (as per IGT Rule)

7. angel_of_sin

alrigh PM me his number...................

8. yazi

yazi Banned

F-113(or 114) Katwaria sarai, basement. You get down at the Katwaria Sarai Bus stop(exactly opposite ISI) and talk face your back towards the ISI. The 1st lane to your left inside is your path. There is a fancy restaurant on the left of the lanes opening. Forgot the name. Just walk in 200m and on your left is an all glass mobile shop. On your right is a board saying Amits Guitar workshop. Basement. And dun go by the address. You will never find it, the place is a maze.

paranoid13rohan likes this.
  9. angel_of_sin

^^thanx for telling me i will ne'er reach dere...........lol........

10. yazi

yazi Banned

well, I gave it for general benefit, not for morons

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

^ cut the personal remarks.

12. angel_of_sin

^^leave it man.......he is a big mouthed Ass ...........newyz temme who u did ya chooze for dose basic deletion rights????????

13. yazi

yazi Banned

Dude, I type that for him and this guy tells me, He is never going there, you tell me.

14. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

self taught

15. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Lol@yazi and angel

Chill both of you

@topic
    Learning from tutor since 1 year and 3 months now. Really cool teacher i got...pretty lucky to have one such. What else you want me to tell you?

16. paranoid13rohan

@anshphenomenon ... really interesting ... so how did you start playing ???

@zicky5608 ... cool. it would be nice if you can add your teacher's name and location.

17. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Mr.Sunil Palkar.

All around mumbai...anyone wants the phone number? he comes at ma place to teach me btw.

18. sid_vicious

sid_vicious New Member

sis introduced me to the guitar taught me a few chords and then a few songs...i was happy wit that for a while till i got bored...learnt how to read tabs...learnt fingerpicking from youtube....and thats it...taught or self taught..u decide :]

19. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

self taught

started with igt
    played tabs

igt wasnt a big help in learning chords and strumming...got better via youtube...

igt was mostly to get hindi tabs and chords ...same as ultimate-guitar +UG provided guitar theory lessons....

20. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i started off with a a few guitar tutorials on the internet...
    then gradually learnt, using different websites....