Tata's nano

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by nazr, Jan 10, 2008.

1. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Finally tata launched its 1 lakh rupees car. Will it work? Personally i like it but think it ll add to already intolerable mess that is our traffic.

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

whats the tata nano off showroom price? the one with ac included...

3. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

Is that even a car?

It's a modified auto-rickshaw with a roof.

4. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Like nazr said, this is really gonna kill our traveling days in mumbai. Bah.

5. saurabhrocks

saurabhrocks New Member

it is still a wonder ,how one can manage to make a car in 1 lakh rupees.
    perhaps the car has just been launched for fame,
    like dirubai ambani got his name associated with the indian mobile revolution,
    maybe tata's want to have thier name associated with auto revolution.

still the 600 cc engine will have more wear and tear, and the overall life of the vehicle will be about 3-5 years.
    not bad for 1 lakh.

well regarding the problem of the roads, the government should have been ready for it, today or tommorrow such kind of a thing was bound to happen, we can't stop people from accquiring vehicles,it will be better if the roads are modified to meet the requirements.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

WTF
    I would really prefer spending 1 Lac on a souped up bike, than on a "majboori ki car"

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Well it's for the working class - bike's not big enough, car's not cheap enough.

The rate at which automobiles are piling up on the roads, there's going to be no point owning a vehicle soon.

8. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I'm with alpha1, nazr and t100o in this.
    Personally, I could use the Metro or a bus. Or hire a van for carrying equipment.
    Cars and bikes just appeal to me for the glam and the pick-up-the-girls quotient. Which really isn't incentive enough for to buy one (though millions of other 'normal' people do so every year)

9. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

I hear even autos cost roughly the same. If autowallahs convert it would make a totally cool auto.

shsnawada likes this.
  10. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

^ good point.

11. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

But Autos give a better mileage. And this would mean transportation costs go up.