Tanha Dil-Recording!

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by krishnaG, Dec 23, 2007.

1. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

Hi all,
    I have attempted to sing&strum tanha dil song originaly sung by Shan...plz check it out and let me have your comments.

www.soundclick.com/krishnasg

thx,
    krishna

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

u sounded a bit shaky with ur chords.............
    ur rec needs to be seriously improved........ lots of noise and clippin........

ur voice is good........

good attempt........

keep postin........... good luck......... cheers....
    :beer:

3. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

adding.......

i've heard all your recordings........... the thing is they are just recordings.... they're not songs or covers............if u know what i mean.......

try putting some masala into the song... u know. like some some bass lines or something else..........some beats........ anything.just so that people will try to enjoy ur song more than comparing urs to the original.

good luck! cheers
    :beer:

4. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx sukrut for ur comments....but i have no clue how to add bass, beats ,etc.
    all i intend to do is to sing and strum along.....i know i have to record songs in a better way...mayb buy a better mic..or something.....
    and yes...what i have done are just recordings...and are not meant to compete with the originals :)...so plz judge thinking that its an effort to sing a song that is a popular number or something liked by ppl...

thx!
    -Krishna

5. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

hmm.......any ways i jus gave u my thought.........

try buyin a philips mic....costs around 300..... well worth the price.........

try software like sony sound forge for removing noise and adding effects...........

6. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I agree with Sukrut about the recording and stuff, it really has to be improved. You really have a very good voice as you sing very well.
    I've heard all your songs till now and i think this song is your worst, its not that its sung bad, but you can do much and much better. Your Sur is good but the melody of this song isn't what it has to be, so in my opinion, just lsiten the original song carefully and try this song once again, i'm sure you will succeed!
    Please don't think that i try to embarrass or dishearten you, certainly not, but i know you can do much and much better!!!

Take care man and keep posting!

7. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

thx guys for the comments....i think the mic is not picking the noice...but the added reverberation that the guitar is producing...not sure how to beat that...maybe buy a good guitar...as this guitar of mine is not at all seasoning with time ....shall try to record again with good equipments....

thx!
    krishna

8. Crazy_Engineer

Crazy_Engineer New Member

Good voice and good strumming! Keep up the good job, dude!

9. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

hey krishnag.. how abt i create a track and u sing in it????

@keoraf this is the first time someone's agreeing with me...yepee........lolz.....:)

10. krishnaG

krishnaG New Member

hey crazy! thx for ur feedback!
    sukrut...i am game for it! let me know the details...

-Krishna

11. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

^check your pm.......

12. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

The voice is really good, but the chords & strum in the beginning seem something out of beat.

The problem isnt your guitar or mic or the recording s/w, it's just that the whole song goes as an unplugged version of Tanha Dil, & people try to locate it with the original Shaans. Yes, it is impossible, but as SUKRUT in the start said, put some MASALA in between... Its a hard job.

Even my recording are plain without masala & I have to try a lot, but just wanted to tell you about the thing that I have understood.

May be we guys need a base of Keys with our guitar & some pieces played in between by the keyboard. may be we can try on FRUITY LOOPS...

Let me know if you come out with some new theory...