Talent in India: Lacking or Poorly nurtured ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by notty_lad, Mar 30, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Seriously cryptic .. U should not post wen ur frustrated !

2. Aberforth

Aberforth New Member

It is not a thing with stereotypes. The guy Maktoum who won the gold in shooting in Athen Olympics 2004, was backed up by Dubai sheiks and about 15 million riyals were spent on his training...etc. (~Rs.17 Crores) Compare that to the expense on Rathore (~Rs.1.85 crores) and you get what I mean. What happens in India is they get stupid and dumb foreign coaches who hardly know how to tain an olympic level athelete and end up trying short cuts like doping..

Talent alone doesn't count, it is the training, motivation and coaching which gets the gold medal on olympics or any sport. The average expense on Olympic athlete in US and other developed countries is about $10 millions so how can you expect Indians to beat them with such measly training?

3. $cReWdR!veR

$cReWdR!veR .:: Sweetheart ::.

theres plenty of talent...but talent merely is not enough....

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

no proper insfractructure
    too much of "academic performance first"minded people
    no proper initiative(perhaps)

n just imagine whats the pop of india(almost as china btw its gonna b more in one year or this year i think need to confirm that)

n how many medals have they won????

n what abt india???

i am not currently in touch with these games but i already have an idea abt how much india must have won
    :Rollol:

5. Aberforth

Aberforth New Member

They are not the top people in acdemics either. Look at the Times world rankings of Indian Universities and compare it to the China's. Only IITs figure in top 500, not in top 100.

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

i know china has one of the best unis in asia n compared to indian uni they r much better
    they got some med uni in the top 300 if i am not mistaken!!

ok just check out this link medical universities standings in asia

n the number one uni in india is ranked 37-65 Indian Inst Sci 301-400 India 1

n is in the 301-400 world ranking!!!!!:shock:

n i thought that indian unis were one of the best

( by the way the ranking includes universities from all the courses whether med, engineering, n all)

7. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

man - this place is turning into a pwn palace....wtf
    anewez....india has talent but lazy talent...i dunno how many of u noticed - the only HARD werking talent we got is the one living abroad....i dunno wats widd us ppl = we sit on our asses in our own country - and we werk like dogs wen we move abroad....:mad:

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Well .. u can put it this way .. Bcoz da facilities n equipments in India for any sports or events is so poor .. dat even talented people get demoralized .. thinkin there's no scope .. n hence talent fades away .. Inspiration is lacking .. n hell lotta other probs too ..

I feel bad man ! I've personally seen so many talented people amazing in music , sports (football one of muh friend) etc .. but can't go to da next level .. Disgusting :(

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^
    But how can you call it disgusting.

They study and become educated slaves, that earns them easy and secured money.
    This may support you so that you can continue with your passions/talents/yada yada ...............

10. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^I'm not talkin bout those who study n make a livin .. yeah majority of them are those .. but I'm talkin bout those talented people who wanna put their lives into sports but don't get the right support from da system ..

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well you need money to live.
    And if you cannot live how can you put your life into sports etc?

Anyway, sports, gaming etc are all plaesures of rich man, poor ppl can only hope to view it cheer and enjoy or sit back and sulk.
    Accept it.

India is a poor country, you cant help anything.

Besides if you are looking for a ssytem, you mena somehting similar to what communist countries have.
    LOL, just imagine, very early in your life someone else decides for you, what you are goign to do for te rest of your life.
    Thats exactly what used to happen in Communist countries where there were different Govt funded oragnisations and systems to "help" the sports and cultural arena.

Thats is even more pathetic.

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^India is not a poor country man in da sense dat if money in hand is put properly we can compete really well at high levels.. Da worlds biggest fraud has been done in India (telgi) .. in a way it is poor yeah .. coz these blood sucking politicians n corrupt government ministers along with da Underground have brought da indian's to da streets ..

The Rich are getting richer .. The poor are getting poorer ! :(

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL remember your saying that India is nor poor but rich dont reverse the reality.

Ever thought of why goods are less affordable in India than in developed countries?

There is one basic rule of develpoment:
    Services are more expensive thatn goods.

One basic rule of third world countries:
    Goods are more expensive than services.

Why do you think India is outsourcing haven?

If sevices are more expensive than goods, it just assures that everyone will be rich enuff to buy whatever he wants in life.
    Even though he may be realitvely poor in his own country.

bjr likes this.
  14. Aberforth

Aberforth New Member

What Indian earn is earned money, they earn much less than they work for while the CEOs and the MDs of the MNCs they work for aren't as intelligent as them and earn in millions....

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

^^ the money u earn is not directly proportional to how intelligent u r

or else most celebs would have been on the road

ok the question is whether talent is lacking or pooly nurtured

the answ surely is poorly nurtured

talent lacking in india!!! lol thats some joke

india got some of the best brains in the world

but the main prob is that they r poorly nurtured

16. Aberforth

Aberforth New Member

I agree money does not equate talent. But why are IIT graduates and IIM graduates given only basic level jobs in MNCs compared to the US and UK 2nd Grade University Graduates?

17. sukanya

sukanya New Member

hey notty lad ,
    i think ur right about this talent stuff...in India there's too much of bad politics going on that hampers the careers of many talented people...especially young athletes who are not from affluent backgrounds.

18. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

i think shsnawada has summed it up quite well..........n i didnt understand y notty termed it as off topic? ................. probably he didnt get what shsnawada meant...

i didnt go through the rest of the posts........coz i dont find anything much worth discussion over it :p:

19. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Depending on what you call intelligent, i think thats true. If you call IQ intellingence then youre on the right track. Nutrition accounts for a lot in the IQ development of any creature. There are exceptions for sure (not many though) but this is a general truth.

20. Aberforth

Aberforth New Member

Actually it is not a problem with IQ or talent in India. It is the outdated and business unfriendly laws which hamper grduates from trying to set up their own business ventures in India and either opting for business abroad or trying for a corporate job with starry dreams.

Indian law system in simply unconductive for entreprneurs and there is a lot of red tapism.