Talent in India: Lacking or Poorly nurtured ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by notty_lad, Mar 30, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Well .. Always we see in any olympic events or other sports or any other activity .. countries like China, USA, Australia n many more have provided great talent compared to the Indians ..

Is it bcoz Indian talent is inferior to them or Its not properly nourished ??

My View: I feel India has oodles of talent but its not been given da right Thrust by da system .. Its Dismal !

2. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

STFU and study.

Wanna job?

Wanna living?

Then STFU and study.

3. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Great start !!! Spamming roolz !!!

Huh !?

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

How is that off topic.

Stop getting on your own nerves.

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^Ignores u ..

6. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I see Suhas's absolutely on-topic reply has not managed to penetrate to your grand total of two brain cells through the thick bandana covering their fragility. Perhaps it would help if you took it off?
    If you STILL didn't get it, what he meant (and which should be apparent to anyone with IQ>5..a category which I'm sorry to say I can't include you in) is that parents force us to study and get good 'steady' jobs, because other careers like music, sports or whatever are risky.

sixstringsin and the_wizard like this.
  7. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I kinda got dat as soon as i posted da reply button to his reply :eek:: .. *TubeLight* :grin:

EDIT: In muh defence .. I thought he's tellin "me" to STFU probably coz i thought he considered this to be another boring thread in CCL ..

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

well..
    pointed out earlier...regarding the academic career..
    if u talk abt sports..
    India does not provide a good infrastructure for sports than cricket,hockey...
    so if u talk abt swimming and all those kinda sports..and expect a medal.u shd know that not much(almost nothing) is done for these kinda activities..

9. mr singh

mr singh New Member

i reckon india shud b better at sports, considerin how big a population it has... i reckon there isnt enuf money bein put in...
    however, they do always seem 2 get medals 4 shootin n weighliftin (occasionally)...
    they gone down in hockey now, all these gora teams win... and in cricket they r kinda unpredicatable, (dont get me wrong, i want india 2 win, but they r kinda crap at the moment in cricket :( )

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

:RollLol:

Pwned !!!

Totally agree man..anybody dabbling in a career in art, sports, classical music is seen as a looser....anybody trying for a career in western music is seen as a hippie....u aim for acting they call you a day dreamer....u are only allowed to dream about actually going after your calling if and only if your pa is super rich.
    tsk tsk tsk..

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

royally pwned :RollLol:
    reps to u

regarding the thread...if u want to talk about sports...it was very very disheartening to see the gold medal winners from commonwealth going to home from the airports in auto-rickshaws....no one to recieve them on the airports

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Thats India.

So Potty, India's talent is p00rly nurtured, coz there is no demand for it + supply is just too large.

Now if you remember Ecominics-101, such a situation leads to extremely low price of any commodity/service.

Whcih makes it commercially unvialble.

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Lack of funds--> lack of infrastructure

and the athletes are jst not paid enough!!

Like, in Manipur, every other person is a national/international level sportsperson but still they have to take up other jobs to support themselves and their families.

+ what shs said

@abhijitnath

you should post in CCL more often :grin:

14. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@abhijitnath .. Man i Really do have a small brain .. infact 2 cells in muh brain might jz be right :)

Its a pity to see Talent in India Wasted bcoz of da pathetic facilities .. I'd seen in news how Athletes in some delhi stadium inject drugs even in practise .. To improve their performance coz they jz can't match da "others" in terms of health coz They do not get to develop themselves like international athletes ..

Also i had heard once dat Indian hockey team once slept in wagons of a train due to lack of finances long time back ..

Miserable!

EDIT: PS- @alpha1 -- Stop calling me potty man .. wats wrong wid u ?

15. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

well my opinion v av got talent but its a long way to match this western people

firstly for me food plays a very important role dal chawal wun win u a medal at olympics,wen it comes to meat indians only think of chicken ,lamb n fish
    ,but for western ppl therz pork,beef,chicken,turkey,goose,lamb yaar list goes on

comin to ur point notty western country win so many medals cos therz a proper planing dude

lately wigan athlethics ki team stayed in d hotel wer i wrk ...yaar they av personal chef to take care of ther food necessities :shock:

i mean no spice so tht they can run lyk horses in epl

second point d facilities provided by r government
    i used to play football in my school n college days but everytime i got into d ground bloody i got so scared to slide for d ball jus cos i new i ll get injured so badly tht i wun b able to play next 5 matches
    condition of r junior level grounds r pathethic grass k alawa u got everything stones nail etc wun elaborate u no it :p:

its gona take sumtime but vr surely gettin bettr i no tht

india did quite gud in common wealth,my mates at wrk always informed me hey dude india doin quite gud in medals talley:band:

ps~~>sorry if any of d above statement hurt ur patriotism ;) we need to accept d truth as it is lot of us dun !

notty_lad likes this.
  16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL Sorry man, but the keyboard that I use has p, o, n very close that why the typo.

Ps thats the reason why I somtimes type pwn instead of own.
    Infact thats the reason why I use "0" instead of "O"

Got it d00d? ;)

17. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

How da hell is "n" close to p and o ???????????????????? Is it a custom designed keyboard :annoyed:

18. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

@notty :RollLol:

19. Aberforth

Aberforth New Member

It is not the lack of talent but the lack of infrstructure....Indians have to face a tough rat race for life and compared to Indians life is much easier for the Europeans or the Americans.

20. himika9

himika9 !!!WANNA B ROCKSTAR!!!

stereotypes and lack of money...no lack of talent...india is overflowing with talent :)