Tabs in PowerTab format

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by abubakr, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abubakr

abubakr New Member

I suggest that . Everybody should start posting the tabs in Power Tab format. It is easy to make tabs in it. and it would be a hell lot easier for poeple to know how it sounds.

People are making tabs why not put it in a way so that everybody can get the feel of it.

Please post your comments.

2. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Don't know much about powertabs but here are some points that make me think its too much trouble:
    1. platforms - does it work on windows, unix, mac etc? And are the power tab files interchangeable between platforms?
    2. learning curve - how long does it take to learn to create tabs in powertab?
    3. download - the tabs must be downloaded everytime someone wants to view it. I would hate to download an entire tab and see that it sucks, when I can just see the text to see if it sucks. Also, that would force me to install powertab on every computer I browse tabs on - thats an inconvenience.
    4. Import - such programs normally have an import facility that lets u import plain text tabs into their own format, so the current tabs should do fine if u learn to improt it correctly
    5. There are 100s of such tab utilities. If people start bringing out their prferences it would be hard to find a common solution (or the common solution would end up being plain text tabs)

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Its not easy making Powertab files. It will take some time to get used to. Most people may not have the time to tab it using Powertab or other such programmes. Agreed, it will be easier to learn from, cause u can use the soundfiles as guide, but we cant really expect everyone to install that sofware on their computer. The Traditional method is good enough. And we can also include sound files with the tab. That would serve the purpose.

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

its difficult to create a tab on powertab or any software to that effect since it used sounds similar to the song which u r trying to tab. there are several settings to take care of. however, powertabs are really helpful to learn songs especially u correct on series of notes which r difficult to judge just by seeing plain text tabs.

@ananth.....powertabs r not complex build software or its basic foundation aint any different frm other softwares as such. i think its quite portable wid other operating systems apart frm windows.
    downloads...generally, tabs are rated. so, u do obviosly download a tab which has a highest rating giving by members or likewise.

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Guitar Pro > Powertab

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@scary....ditto to that

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

well powertab sounds quite simple to me.i have benn using that from past 7 months

8. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

HEY!!!
    most of the ppl dont know bout it.....

I dint....

im downloading it rightaway

@tejas: DO expect ppl to download it coz it sounds so greaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt

9. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

err....
    prob regarding power tab.... how do you make it pause...
    as in the prog just keeps on playing my tabs.... what am i supposed to do to make it pause between two things????

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

change over to guitar pro ...
    it is far superior ...

but it is not free ... demo is only for one month ... and ya cannot uninstall and reinstall coz it writes to the registry ... was not able to serach for registry entry :(

11. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

yeah thats the whole points all about.i dont use guitar pro knowing that its better but has all such unwanted weedy problems to it.i had once used it and had to delete all its files spread over da disc.

12. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

YA MAN.............itz gr8!

HELPFULL............so much easy to learn tabz........

i prefer using it..............

@ssslayer...................u can crack it!!
    i think so............search crack sitez........

p.s. ----it's not for "gr8 big giant guitarists"*ahem*.......like *ahmmmm* faiq....

13. faiq gaint

faiq gaint Garibon ka sharuk!!! :p:

i hate powetabs, they r not good for good players, but it suitas small players like lefty guitar

The CoMpOsInG of MusiC lies in Finding the CoMpOsErS.

14. LEFTY_GUITARIST

yes, omg, yes, its only for small guitarists :p: ......like me , tejas(beware!!:p:), dr.saurabh, deathy,mr.scary..............etc.etc................

all guitarist who make them r small players 2.. :nw: ...u can find dem here ... www.powertabs.net :shock:

so , u , "da bog player:p:",*slap* *slap*..........get ur a.ss outta here.....

dis way plz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

hahahahahahahaha................

16. fatjax

fatjax New Member

jks..ya i got the full version of Guitar Pro its pretty useful sometimes.. i havent ever used powertabs ill try it some time. I still think guitar pro is the best, i have tried atleast 3 or 4 programs. i dont need to use then now though

17. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

[sNiP]
    Try downloading from here.............

cOoL iS :rule:

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

dude, you're not supposed to post stuff like this here....chances are that it might be missed but it is illegal.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Software PIRACY!!!
    Blashphemy.

d00d why do you want us guys to be unemployed?
    :mad:

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

holy crap, I had no clue this was in a place where I could've edited this. My bad and apologies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.