Tabs for the song Saalai Oaram Soalai Ondru Vaadum from IR Musical Blockbuster Film

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, Sep 25, 2012.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Payanangal Mudivathillai was a musical blockbuster film in 1982 that ran for more than 500 days.

This song is one of my favourite and I would like to tab the same.

The song Saalai Oaram Solai Ondru Vaadum is a Mohan / SPB+SJ duet hit. It is very nice and pleasant to hear and a happy number too.

Can anyone please tell me the chords for this song?

Like the film title I wish my guitar journey never ends................

Thanks in advance.................. Sathya

2. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Is the song set in F Lydian scale? The song follows Kalyani Raga Melody. This fits very well with Lydian mode - following major scale notes starting from F ending with F. Can anyone please confirm?

3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

I will be uploading the tabs tonight. I do not know the original chord of the song. I presenting the tabs in F Lydian scale this means the parental chord is C Major. If this is not correct then I have to change the tonic note.

4. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Here we go with the tabs. As said the notes are in F Lydian scale. This assumes that the base chord of the song is C Major.

Pick, Play & Enjoy . . . . . . . . . & do post your views . . . . . . . . Sathya

Attached Files:

5. thamboo

thamboo Member

i could not verify without instrument now @ office; i will make sure i try and let you know at the earliest

6. thamboo

thamboo Member

G major scale with C# instead of C (ie Ma2 in Kalyani); or augmented 4th or diminished 5th

7. thamboo

thamboo Member

pallavi contains notes (g,a,b,d,e) only; only in Saranam c#(Ma2) note creeps in the beginning of saranam only; (g,a,b,d,e) are major pentotonic scale notes which concurs with Mohana Raagam; presence of M2 confirm the essence of Kalyani

8. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks a lot. The base chord is quite surprising for me. Anyhow, the song when played in F - Lydian scale notes comes out perfectly and also follows the Kalyani raga. This song is one of the soft melodies of IR................... Sathya

9. thamboo

thamboo Member

if you play the song in F major the notes will be of C major scale notes with no sharp; if you play it in G the it will be like g,a,b,c#,d,e,f#
    which is nothing but kalyani in G major with 2 key signatures(2 sharps)

10. thamboo

thamboo Member

by the way, I have 3 mp3 for this song where 2 recordings are in G Major and one between G & G#; if the vinyl tape speed is increased the key of the song changes accordingly

11. thamboo

thamboo Member

i feel that the song contains mohanam effect in pallavi and saranam has M2 and henceforth kalyani; but only influence; in western classical sense this is pure Lydian mode only

12. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I do not play in F Major. F Major is F G A A# C D E F.

I play in F - Lydian scale which is F G A B C D E F. This is done by starting from F and applying the major scale rule W W H W W W H.

I do not make any explicit change for ma2 & the song just flows through....... Sathya

13. thamboo

thamboo Member

may be the words major scale confuses you; i just meant F-Scale in lydian mode; forget whole note and half note concept; which you will have to memorise for evry mode; consider this formula "root, maj 2nd, maj 3rd, aug 4th, perfect fifth, maj 6, maj 7, 1st octave"; this formula will be very helpful; just like memorizing s,r1,r2,r3,g1....etc

14. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks. This sounds good for me....... Sathya

15. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

My mp3 is somewhere between G and G# too.
    I'll post it G.
    Am in pallavi is interesting since C note does never appears in this song (as far as I know) except in this chord.

(G)Saalaiyoram Solai Ondru (Em)Vaadum Sangeetham (G)Paadum
    (G)Kannaalanai (Am)Paarthu (G)Kannorangal (Am)Vaerthu

(G)Paavai Ival Paarthu Vittaal Paalaivanam Ootredukkum
    Kannimaigal Thaan Asainthaal Nanthavana Kaatra***kum
    (A)Neengal Enai Paarthaal Kuliredu(G)kkum
    (A)Manathukkul Aeno Mazhaiyadi(G)kkum
    (Em)Paarijaatha (A)Vaa(D)sam (Em)Naeram Paarthu (A)Vee(D)sum
    (A)Mottu Kathavai Pattu Vandu(D)gal Thattuginrathey (none)Ippothu..

Rajesh :music:

tripravi likes this.
  16. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks Rajesh. I need your help in better understanding of my another post............ Mandram vandha thendralukku song. Please do help.

17. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Going with the chord of the song, the tabs are presented in this attachment with 'G' as the starting raga note.

As the song is seen in between chords G and G#, the highest possible G octave is chosen for putting the tabs.

It is now easy to play. Please do put your comments.

Enjoy........................................... Sathya

Attached Files: