Tabs for the song Nane Nana Yaro Dana from AUA - IR + VJ - Smash hit song

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, Sep 20, 2012.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Most of the forum members seem to be quite young and look for songs from recent films.

I look at the old to understand different pattern, scale and raga.

This song from the film Azhage Unnai Aradhikkiren (1979) was hit in those time - Please listen to the song

It has awesome guitar interlude and BGM (at the start) and very nicely tuned to the scale / raga.

The song is composed in D tonic and has flattened 7th note instead of a whole note.

In carnatic raga it follows Harikambodhi with notes as s r2 g3 m1 p d2 n2 S.

The only difference between a major scale note is A# in the place of B

We will be soon seeing the tabs for this song. Try picking the following tabs:

E--------------------7--8--10------10--8---7------------------------- E
    B---------7--8--10-----------------------------10--8--7-------------- B
    G--7--9---------------------------------------------------9--7------- G

In western, this is Mixolydian Mode. We have already seen a song in Dorian Mode (Thenmerku Paruvakatru). So this is a variation.

Happy Playing the notes......................... Sathya

2. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Here we go with the tabs

Pick, Play & Enjoy and do post your comments..................... Sathya

Attached Files:

3. thamboo

thamboo Member

just because of Harikhamboji Raga; C Major Chord is used in this song; normally D Major scale does not fit C Major Chord; only C#dim fits the scale; but the flattened seventh now gives C major chord a go in the scale

4. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

I agree with you. The song is basically a western style one and the raga is just coincidental. I applied C Major tab positions on the tonic note D and hence the tabs. The flattened 7th note is the key variation from a major scale.

5. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

I did little more research. Theoretically, if the chord is C major (parental chord) then the song should be in G Mixolydian scale. I should start with G and not with D. Can you please confirm the parental chord for this song?

6. suresh3v

suresh3v New Member

Hi,

You can get notes for many songs in the below website. Chect it.
    Learn Here
    It also has a inbuilt converter which converts notes from classic to western

7. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks Suresh.............. Sathya

8. thamboo

thamboo Member

parental chord is D Major only, D Major in Mixolydian mode; Keyboard is based on Diatonic Scale; if you can take all modes they would just contains notes of a C Major Scale; i.e only the white keys are played and the tonic note would change accordingly

The beatles song melody "Eleanor Rigby" is in Dorian Mode but in Eminor(Not in Dminor)

9. thamboo

thamboo Member

Mixolydian mode should be taken as "tone, maj 2nd, Maj 3rd, perfect 4th, perfect 5th, minor 6, minor 7, 1st octave

10. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks Thamboo for the very nice and informative reply. It sounds good to me and clear my doubts. Thanks a ton.... Sathya

11. v.raghura87

v.raghura87 Member

Thank u sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

V.Raghuraj