Tabs for the song Maasi Maasam Aalana Ponnu from Dharma Durai - IR Hit Song

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, Nov 21, 2012.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Few days back, I thought of trying some of the Rajinikath's songs and I really got confused as to where to start.

Hope there are few 'Superstar' fans among IGT'ians. I see this forum with more young members with not much exposure to earlier great songs. In fact, I want to try some MSV music - MGR / Sivaji songs - Again, I am not sure whether those will be of any interest atleast to handful of members.

Coming back to this subject, I would like to start with the happy duet and a super hit song of IR.

This song is composed in C# Minor. The notes follow 'Suddha Dhanyasi' raga which is equivalent to Minor Pentatonic Scale.

The raga goes like s g2 m1 p n2 S - It is a raga with 5 notes in arohanam and avarohanam. This raga is a janya raga from Natabhairavi melakartha. We have discussed these things in another thread already.

With C# as the root chord, we will be playing the song in the following tabs:

E-----------------7---9------9--7------------------E
    B----------7--9---------------------9---7----------B
    G---6--9------------------------------------9---6--G

So get used to this simple tab positions and watch out this thread for the tabs.............. Sathya

2. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

Sathya.. really u r digging some of the best of Tamil Music... awaiting eagerly... hope this will come out good and to perfection... I would be at the acme...

3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

This is a simple song and I am sure that you will enjoy playing it................. Sathya

4. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Here we go with the tabs.

The song fully utilizes the raga with the only alien note 'r2'. This is like accidental note in a pentatonic scale.

Pick, Play and Enjoy and do post your comments......................... Sathya

Attached Files:

5. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

in the opening I find some odd sound... but the rest is perfectly fine.. thanks a lot... please try... if can be fine tuned...

6. v.raghura87

v.raghura87 Member

Thank u sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

V.Raghuraj