Tabs for the song - "Harivarasanam"

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, May 9, 2012.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Presenting the tabs for the famous Sanskrit / Malayalam song “Harivarasanam” – This is only a glimpse and not the entire song.

This song is set in raga “Madhyamavathi” a popular Janyam of Karaharapriya ragam.

The raga goes like this – s r2 m1 p n2 S – S n2 p m1 r2 s.

This is a spicy ragam – gamakam oriented. The melody of this raga lies in r2 and n2 - Both oscillating little longer over the baseline frequency.

This raga is generally sung at the end of the concert. You must hear this song sung by KJY – a divine feast of a Master Piece.

It is difficult to play and get the feel of the raga in guitar by just picking the notes. So the obvious question is how this song is presented – This song being a slow number, it is easily picked

In Western, the notes go like this – C D F G A# (If ‘s’ is taken as ‘C’). Yes, it is a pentatonic raga – I like the melody better than other pentatonic scales.

As usual, playing this song by taking “D” as “s”, the tabs of this raga goes as under:

E ...............………………8……10……8…………………………....... E
    B ----------8----10-----------------10---8----------- B
    G …7……9…………………….............…………………………9……7… G

The tabs for the part of the song is seen in the attached file. IR has done more than 45 songs in this raga – including one of my favorite – ‘Nee thane endan pon vasantham’ in the film NN (I had already put the tabs for other 3 melodies from NN).

Listen to the song. Pick, Play and Enjoy the song. Do not forget to put your views / comments ................. Sathya

Attached Files:

2. happychandru

happychandru New Member

Really good thanks and keep posting dude

Exactly correct music tabs

3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks Chandru. Please have a look at the film song under the same raga. I have just posted the tab for the song - Nee Dhane Endan Pon Vasantham ............... Sathya