Tabs for the song Aagaaya Vennilaave Tharai Meedhu Vandatheno - IR Melody Hit

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, Oct 10, 2012.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

The song Aagaaya Vennilaave Tharai Meedhu Vandatheno from the film Arangetra Velai is a super hit number.

Very melodious one, brilliant BGM by IR, nicely sung by KJY and Uma Ramanan.

Very good song to hear before you sleep to relieve all your tension.

The song is set in Dharbari Kanada ragam - A very pleasant raga

Also this raga has convoluted notes both in Ascending and Descending.

We are not going to see the raga notes as they appear in use, but the seven notes we use would be s r2 g2 m1 p d1 n2 which are shown below as guitar tabs:

E---------------------------------------10—--E
    B--------------------10—12—13---------------B
    G---9—11—12---------------------------------G

The song is in Em scale and so the above tabs are from Em family. The song starts with Em chord.

So be ready to play this IR melody............... Tabs are coming soon................... Sathya

2. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Here we go with the tabs. Pick, Play & Enjoy and do post your views.. . . . . . . Sathya

Attached Files:

3. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

another all time ever green.... music by the maestro... I love this song to the core...

thanks.... a ton

4. sivahar6

sivahar6 New Member

sathya, thank you so much

siva

5. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

Im sorry I could get the tune out.... from my guitar....

6. Sathya sir,
    Thanks for picking up such a lovely song...
    But sorry, i really couldn't get it right,,,
    i even couldn't get the first few notes properly...
    are there any slides or hammers on it?
    Regards,
    Abhay

7. roentgen

roentgen Well-Known Member

I don't tab much. how does this sound for the first line?

Code:
    B|------------------------------0--0--------------------------------------
    G|--9-11-12----9-7----5-7----7-------5-9---11-12----16--17----19-16--

8. good work roentgen...

how's this?
    E>--------------------------------------------------7-8-7-
    B>--------------------------------------------7-8---------
    G>--9-11-12---9-7---5-7--4---4-5-9----------------

???

9. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Good, I was waiting for this comment. I will try Rajesh's notes today.

The carnatic notes go like this for the bit "Aagaya Vennilaave Tharai Meedhu Vandhadheno":

srmgs n. d.n.n. p. d. s r g p dndnnp.

Now you sing the song, sing these notes, identify which notes are to be held, stretched etc and try again.

It needs lot of patience and practice. Take the word, Aagaaya - There are 3 notes in this word, but there are 5 notes in musical notation. Again some notes are stretched, some or held and some are simple one note.

That is the reason, I commented earlier, in another tab, that this song is little heavy for guitar.

IR has done an another stunning melody in this same raga with the same singer - Kalyana Then Nila Kaaikkadha Paal Nila - Can there be any other melodious song like this. Again, this song is good to listen and enjoy but hard to try in guitar due to heavy presence of gamakams alias micro tones.

Anyhow, I do not want to discourage anyone here. Some might get the same easily, some might get it after a good practice, some might convert this into single string and use sliding, hammering or pulling techniques.

I generally prefer the song which can be easily played in guitar, that is why I spend more time in tabbing and correcting them, sometimes the tabs may not be original, yet good enough to get the feel of the song................. Sathya

10. sivahar6

sivahar6 New Member

thanks for tabs for "agaya vennilave"i am trying to play right but bit difficult to play.
    canyou post a tabs for the song 'ninaivo oruparavai virikkum athan sirakai"? when you have time , please post it.

thanks
    siva

11. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Sure Siva, I will try this song. The song is Kamal + Janaki duet. Nice number. It has a huge set of / fast chord progression. Though it starts with G Minor it does touch G Major at a later stage. A sort of musical fusion. This may give us liberty to use more set of notes. Worth trying.... Sathya

12. v.raghura87

v.raghura87 Member

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much sir

V.Raghuraj