TABS and CHORDS POSTED needs checking

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Bandbaaja, Feb 8, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

@Guitaristofm, We had thought of rating guitar tabs long before IGT V2 thread.

@all, so what have we agreed upon?

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

not very appealing i guess :think:

3. skaw

skaw snooze

gud discussion (finally mature talks) ... well i like the idea of creating a seprate forum for gud tabs ... a forum, where no one can make a thread theirselves , only mods/admins can ... get what i mean ? no k

see in that forum no one can post but ppl can view the perfect notes .. meaning if sum1 posts sum real perfect work , you can copy it and paste it , create a new thread in that forum , and paste it there .. that way , no garbage (according to bangbajja*) no wrong tabs , no nothing .. rite? if u don't wana play sumthin wrong, then u ll use the threads in that forum , but if u think meh i ll just play this way , then u can pick the notes from the regular forums .. get it ? no , then sorry i can't explain any better ...

rating is gud , IGT V2 should have rating ...

4. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@Skaw.. nice idea...

@admin/mods... ya open a new category Named "_____________" and assign a few pro.s like Jayswami and Bandbaaja etc.. if they are willing to give their time... and you can jus move the professionally reviewed thread to that forum excluding the comments posted, leaving a copy behind in the original request and submit forum...

in other words, as skaw said it already....

5. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

thts a really good idea skaw..

a separate forum for only the perfect (tht sounds the best) chords, tabs of a song.
    and no 1 gets 2 post thr.. only mods/admin.

in case some1 isnt satisfied with ny portion of the tabbin of that song.. he/she can post it in the regular thrds.. the pros can chk it out and if tht person is right then suitable altrations be made in the song ..

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

who decides whats right whats wrong..
    doing that will take as much time as transcribing a song.
    what if i post a song from 1941.. its perfect tab.. but no mod has ever heard it... so mod now has to go find the song.. listen to it.. understand it.. then compare the tabs with the original.. and then come to the conlusion that its 100% and then move it to this VIP Tab thread.. well i think doing that would be impossible and thankless... considering the fact that mods r doing a voluntary job.. they dont get paid for anything. plus some of our mods r just beginners (disturbed , tejas for eg), they r doing an awesome job as mods.. but it would be unfair to thrust upon this this task of tab audition.

I say let things stay as they r. i wish i coulda said let people rate the tabs..
    but people always rate wrong threads 5 stars.. thats public majority for you... so agin i say let things stay the way they r. It doesnt matter if someone learns from a wrong tablature without realising its wrong.. cause for that person.. with his level of musical understanding.. it doesnt matter.. as long as he is happy..

for a very long time i was happy playign just major and minor chords.. that too wrong most of the time.. but they all sounded good to me.. so it didnt matter to me. even now when i listen to 1 2 year old recordings of mine.. i was like what the hell was i thinking.. i am playing it all wrong..

all the posts i am making today on IGT.. they aint 100% correct too... people like kishmu would gladly point that out..

bottom line there is no right or wrong, let things stay as they r.

Thats my 2 cents.

7. Subhro

pro's like u n bandbaaja.. as said b4.. right or wrong aint da right phrase.. its da closest 2 da right 1.. tht sounds good.. if some1 aint satsfied with tht. he/she can always ask 4 some verification

:eek:: ya thts tough work

lets not jump 2 somethin unusual.. no1's evr postd a song way back frm 1941.. i know u'll come up with 1 soon.. no doubts regardin tht..

no1 was referrin 2 the mods chkin da tabs.. evry1 was referrin 2 the pro/semi-pro's like u, bandbaaja,... mods r havin a hectic schedule managin this site

wht original ???? if thr existd an original evry1's gona follow tht1.

........ :eek:: ..........

now thats a valid pt.

u r da boss.

u r da boss.

This Post Is Stupid. (ya.. sometimes u do tht too..)

wrong chords r all ovr da place.. whts da harm in postin da right chords.. if some1 aint happy with that he/she's free 2 learn da wrong ones that wud sound sweet chimin church bells 2 her ears.

same here :p:.. followin ur footsteps :p:

well it mattrs 2 me.

wise thinkin.

but bettr than da othrs who r doin da same.. like me :p:

scroll upwards

u r da boss.

Thats my 2 cents.

8. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

SUBHRO
    GREAT EFFORT in that reply man!!!

I dont wanna say anything more :)

9. Subhro

Bandbaaja :) ..... always wid me ....... :rock:

P.S. @all.... Band Baaaa Ja.... thats the way it shud be pronounced :)....

10. skaw

skaw snooze

who said the mods have to be the ones to judge the closest chords/tabs ...

what i meant was that someone who is gud at guitar can play the music with the song and see if it sounds almost like the song ...
    forget beginners, i've been play for more than a year now and i wish to play tabs that sound really close to the original song ...

well in the end, its just an idea ..

11. ^^@skaw baandbaaja n jays can help in that coz they r the igt pros i think#
    nice idea skaw