TABS and CHORDS POSTED needs checking

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Bandbaaja, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

Hi
    I was just going thru the forum and I saw a lot of stuff that has been posted have the following problems:
    1) Each song is posted more than once.
    2) Amatuers have also posted some unncessary stuff.
    3) Many of the chords posted are completely wrong or in some ARBIT key.

Its not about discouraging amatuers from posting, but sometimes the stuff they posted goes uncorrected and is lying in the forum. Someone who is a beginner may search for a song, and find the wrong post, and learn it wrong!!!

Maybe some of you moderators can sit and sort the stuf, maybe distribute it to pro-semipro guitarists and FILTER out a complete set of STUFF that is technically correct. I know this will take some time, but at the end of it, apart from the forum, we can have a BANK of ALL CORRECT CHECKED CHORDS and TABS!!!

Sounds interesting??

2. smriti

smriti // Silent Observer //

Bandbaaja ur absolutely right. i agree with him ppl. there r so many chords sequences posted for a particular song that it is difficult to decide, which 1 of them is correct. n am facing the same problem while on this site.

so mods or anyother responsible for editing here, pls see to it.

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

gr8 idea bandbaaja.. :rock:

4. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

it is indeed a very nice idea.... but the thing is... do pro-semipro guitarists have time to do so ...... ???
    also we can store all information related to that song in one thread in that bank ... like lyrics, tabs and chords and sample recordings if available ......
    i m no at pro-semipro stage yet, but can help in formatting etc... if ppl need it ....
    atleast we can start with the songs which are relatively easy for beginners .....
    and for songs already posted by pro-semipros : its just the question of moving them ....just a personal thought.

5. Bandbaaja

for starters, you can hand over the Kishore Kumar, and RD Burman stuff to me.
    Whenever I get time, I will go thru each one by one and post the BEST result as per my knowledge

6. Bandbaaja

uh thats only because I am familiar with many of their songs already.
    and I am really very bad at indipop and new stuff.

7. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

bandbajja - its hard work , but we would still try and work out something for this problem ...

we really appreciate you coming up with this idea .

8. Bandbaaja

bob -
    out of topic this one,
    but do u intentionally do that typo on my name :)

its already a dozen times over that I saw u type 2 Js instead of the 2 As in my name ;)

9. bob-bobby

ha ha , no no , it was totally unintentionally :p: bandbajja ...

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Well this is interesting...but how you play a particular song varies from person to person. Sometimes you can use different chords or substitute harder chords for the easier ones. So what I would suggest is we have some sort of rating system for tablatures, the most accurate tabs would end up with the highest rating.

What do you think?

11. madhura

whatever system you guys come up with is good... but is it at all possible to "move posts" or do something so lyrics / tabs/ and chords reside on one page/ thread?

12. bob-bobby

umm , this discussion is getting quite interesting i guess ...

nice idea madhura , i know its tough and difficult but not at imposs !!

we can call it a complete thread , the one with lyrics + tabs + chords , and once a thread is complete we move in a diff forum , which neo might consider to create !!

need more suggestions here , call for jayswami / madhura / bandbajja :p:

i am sure neo is silently enjoying all this ....

13. manikjha

manikjha New Member

Hey Bandbaja,

How do you know whether a particular chord is right/wrong. U play it and u immediately know .......... IT IS COOL / SOUNDS ABSURD.
    I am new to this but i tried playing many songs here and have found some of them wrong just based on my intution.

Don't you think guys shud have this intrinsically.

Adios.

14. Bandbaaja

Aah i knew this discussion would boil down to this point.
    How does anyone know what is right or what is wrong??
    If you read my post, I have said whatever sounds BEST.

Now the fact is that however carefully you listen to a track, there are chances that u never know what the guitarist played. And sometimes the violins add a 6th, the bass plays the root and the guitarist strums a normal chord.

My point was not to dig out RD Burman's grave or find his musicians alive and consult them. The point was to simply have SOME SET OF PEOPLE within our FORUM to POST whatever is the BEST out of whatever is AVAILABLE.
    If possible, the BEST available may also need obvious corrections, so correct them.

The whole idea is to have a set of READILY PLAYABLE SET OF TABS and CHORDS which DO NO SOUND WRONG, rather than saying that THEY SOUND RIGHT.

15. madhura

manik yes... intution does play role in it.... but from my experiences .... beginners CAN tell if tabs ( vocal melodies) are right or wrong simply by listening to them .... but again , they might GO WRONG in judging right key ....
    i guess bandbaja is stressing on that too .... also beginners can not judge if chords are perfect ( again in right key) or not .....
    they can definately figure out bad note .....

16. neo rating idea was mine b4 remember for IGT" tell us what u want" thread i think bandbaaja is right well some pros like jayswami n others can give their opinion n posting n rating of the chords

17. Bandbaaja

uh madhura :)
    this discussion is not "just" about the key.
    its about the overall notes and chords put together.

looks like my point to you on the "RIGHT KEY" has got you all over!!!

18. madhura

^^^^.... he he he ... i know its all about right notes/chords and everything and not just key.... i just was trying to prove manik that "intution" of song being right might make you mis-judge it .....
    & yeah..... i m working hard on my "right key" problem .....

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

smirti, when u give your first performance.. and people say u sucked.. just tell them its not your fault but igt had wrong chords :p:

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

if a person learns from a wrong tab without realising its wrong.. how does it matter? as long as he feels he is playing good he remains happy.. thats what matters. when someone tells him he is wrong, and he will come here and post that the chords are wrong.. if he doesnt.. then he doesnt care.. so then how does it matter?