Tab for the song - Nee Dhane Endan Pon Vasantham - An IR melody

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, May 15, 2012.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Presenting the tabs for one of my favorite song – Nee Daane Endan Pon Vasantham from NN

This song is set in Raga – Madhyamavathi. I had written about this raga and explained the tabs in my earlier post – “Tab for the song Harivarasanam”. This song also follows the same tabs – a beautiful pentatonic scale

The song is very melodious one and one of the master pieces of IR. You must listen to song very well and understand the beat / tempo to get the feel of the song in guitar – Otherwise it would result into just picking of the tabs

So what is left? Pick, Play and Enjoy the song and do not forget to post your views

The background music of song is full of guitar chords - I would request someone to help me in understanding the same (including the strumming pattern). It would be a great, great help for me…………………. Sathya

There is some problem in attaching the file. I will do so later - tonight.

Nee Daane Endan Pon Vasantam Pudu Raja Vazhkkai Naalai Un Sondam

E …………………………8………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. E
    B …………10…10…………10…8…………………8………………………….…………………8……………………………8………………………. B
    G ………………………………………9…9…7..…9……9…9……7………….……7…7…9………9…7…7…………9……9…7…7…9…….. G

En Vasal Hey, Varaverkum, Anneram Un Sorgam Hey, Arangerum, Kannoram
    E ………………8……10…10…..…10…10…10………8…10……………………8……10……10……10…10…108……8…10…10……… E
    B ………10…………………………………………………………………10……10…………………………………………………………………………. B

Repeat the First Line

Padai Muzudum, Kodi Malargal Paadi Varume, Deva Kuyilgal

E …………………………8………….………8………8…………………… E
    B ……………10…8…………10….…10……8……….10.8…………. B Play this twice
    G ………9……………………………………………………………………. G

Un Aadai Hey, Midakkinra, Paladai Un Kalai Hey Kulippattum, Neerodai
    E ………………8……10…10…..…10…10…10.8……8…10…………………8……10……10……10…10…108……8…10…10……… E
    B ………10…………………………………………………………………10……10………………………………………………………………………. B

Veyyil Naadum Sudumena Deham Kedumena Jennal Tiraiyidum Megam
    E ………………8~……….…………………………….…………………………………8…………………………………………. E
    B ………10………10….10..10..10..........…8.10….…10..10..10……………10….10..10..10..10……10…… B

Tiru Kadal Vizigalil Veesum Oligalil Viraiyum Pournami Aagum
    E ………………8~……….…………………………….…………………………………8…………………………………………. E
    B ………10………10….10..10..10..........…8.10….…10..10..10……………10….10..10..10..10……810… B

Sandosham Unnoduu Kaiveesum En..naa...lum
    E …………………8……10………………………8………………………………………………………….. E
    B …………10…………………………8…10……………………8……10……………………8………… B
    G ………………………………………………………………9………………………7……9………………. G

Repeat the entire song ……. Sandoshama………………………

2. thamboo

thamboo Member

F#, G#, B, C#, E (S R2 M1 P N2)

Above are the madhyamavathy notes for this song; this was my first Tamil song what i listened with suspended chords; |D D D| |DDDU| is the strum pattern what i hear; chords are already in IGT(strum pattern is challenging when sung along)

For Any Carnatic Raga with no R3(G2) or G3 the western rhythm will hang in Suspended Chords for sure(without anniya swarams)

3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Do you mean F#, G# B C# and E are also the chords? Chords should be different.

My tab is based on the assumption that I take 'D' as 's'. You must have played the song at a higher scale taking F# as 's' - 3 scales higher than what I generally play.

4. thamboo

thamboo Member

All I provided were notes and not chords; SP Bala Sir begins with F# & Chord is F#sus4 in "Needhaane"

5. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks for the reply. All the vocal singers take it at a higher scale - F or F#. Playing in instrument will create sharp and unacceptable sound. So I do not try beyond 'D' and sometimes I start in 'C'.

Let me check how this song will be to listen if I start in F#. One can play the song taking 's' anywhere from C to B as long as the space between notes are maintained to that of base raga

You can give me all the chords used in this song. I will try to play as per the strumming pattern suggested by you. Of course, I won't sing and play - it needs high level coordination and practice

6. thamboo

thamboo Member

7. thamboo

thamboo Member

to play in D sruti, you have to adjust your chords for it; Dsus4, Asus4, D, Dm & C are the chords in D sruti

8. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks a lot. Chords will be played only at F# sruti as all vocalists will sing at this "Kattai". While playing the song using tab, I prefer to start in lower sruti - generally at D - Both are different. Anyhow, I will try playing chords as it appear in the film song. I will get back in case of any difficulties - I have never tried any chords or chords progression for any song so far though I can play the chords. This will be my first song for which I will learn playing chords.

9. thamboo

thamboo Member

are you carnatic trained?
    I am so obsessed with this classical form and is very intriguing
    the whole carnatic is about relative pitching based on an aadhaara sruti; which can be picked with experience, the absolute pitch is the most tricky and I have seen carnatic singers like Sowmya even mastering that(obviously); in one jaya tv program I was amazed when she was asking a girl to sing in G# instead of G

10. thamboo

thamboo Member

Playing chords in guitar is no big deal; playing lead with gamakas is what gives the feel to it(slide; bend & vibrato)

11. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

I am not carnatic trained. In fact, I am talking about carnatic for the past one year only without any background. I am trying to understand the ragas and melodies, play the same in guitar and then try to pick up some easy songs for better understanding of the raga. I spend lot of time in research and listening to songs from a particular raga before trying my hand in guitar. Having said that, not all the film songs follow a raga completely - foreign notes do come and go in most of the songs. But IR songs give a lot of scope to try ragas and play. Basically, from the beginning I am practising only scales and lead guitar things. I should stop this sometime and move to chord. My weakness is that even if I sit for chords, I move to rhythm / notes very soon. Let me try. So far I have tried a number of tamil and hindi film songs through tabs.

Vocalists do sing in different srutis sometimes while most of the film songs are sung in F or F# sruthi level.

I am attaching the song for the benefit of all....... Sathya

Attached Files: