sword of islam - thread inspired by shak.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I like this statement, especially when its coming from u. I hope u stick to it..and minimize those threads against jews that u fire every so often.

2. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

And lastly I think the best way to solve a problem is to first admit that there is a problem. Which is obvious given the fights going around the world, u cant ignore them.

And this i think is not easy even for moderates. Unless u accept that there are things that can be improved in particular books, or people or the way things are interpreted in the 21st century....there is going to be no improvement in the current situation...that the world is facing. And this is not just for islam, its for every religion....accpting that some of the ideas r too old for the 21st century is the first step everyone can take.

If you still believe that every statement written in religious books is perfect for today's times then u obviously are born a few decades late.

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

@jamhead:wat about the babri masjid??hindus playing baseball wid da mosque...........dat dusnt count dus it??wat bout the killings in 1947

4. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Now this one is new....never heard this argument before....

wht's the point of bringing this up? cos..blaming..and finding faults in others is the best way to hide ones shorcomings? or may be since u brought this up...it justifies all the killings going around in world at this point??

Yea all those were horrific things to happen..the babri masjid, the killing in 1947 and in gujrat...how can one deny tht??

but how does any of that justify today's problems...... with what happened in the past?

Arguments like....but wht abt that....and wht abt those killings....and wht abt this...and wht about the stuff in tht era...and wht do u have to say for those murders...

How are they HELPING today's CAUSE?? or improving the FUTURE in anyway?

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^i know they dont help in neway...........i just wanted to make a point to jamhead that its not right to just say that muslims r violent..
    and dat sum hindus,etc r of their rocker too

6. Sorry I do not accept this as I repeat I have no hatred for Jews or Judism.
    As per previous excellant explanations by Shak & Notty - You can not accuse the religion by the actions of some misguided individuals.

What I do hate is Zionism, that is a political ideology which I fear is going to lead us into perpetual war through thier undisputed control and influence in America and Europe.

If you read the other threads I am sure you will appreciate it.

7. Lets face it NO religion on earth tells thier followers to commit murder steel rape etc. etc.

We should also admit no religion is free of Murderers, thieves and other criminal elements.

They are also devious people who will use religion to further thier carrears or a have particular agenda which they try to hide from us.

The intelligent ones amongst us (unfortunately most peaple are sheep)
    should be able to see thorugh them and expose them for what they are.
    It is our duty to stop war mongering at every oppertunity if we want to live in harmony with all nations religions and cultures of this world.
    I am condfident we can achieve this because i have seen it in London where we have 147 different nationalities living harmoniously.

8. shak

shak Harrr!

i agree somewhat, like someone can just just go out .. start cursing some other guy . and once he gets enough and gets down to fight, the first person would scream 'self-defence!!' and break all hell lose .. haha

again its down to the individuals, abuse of this sanction does not in any way proves anything against or for islam .. thats the whole point!!

we can discuss the definition of self defence in detail in some other thread perhaps .. very interesting topic indeed! thanks for the pointer shs!

9. shak

shak Harrr!

^ keynote!!!!!!!

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

A sensible voice at last....

Now addressing what you said, in this specific case there is a vast difference in people judging the (supposed) motivator. Because such huge numbers are engaging in wayward interpretation of the motivator's teachings people are quick to jump to conclusions that the motivator is what is caused the perpetrators to do what they do. This does not in any way justify society's actions as it is utterly prejudiced, stereotypical and in retrospect moronic. Just this thread, using history to judge the present or the future is foolish. We can all find mud to sling at every single religion when we peer into the pages of history. Yet we seem to only reserve harsh words for Islam (generally speaking). And about the moderates, my friend, when the moderates come out strongly and protect their religion what do you think society is going to label them? Extremists.......pathetic but true.

11. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

12. No son, this is just a regular blip and people will soon come to thier senses.
    Sure there is a lot of deliberate coverage against Muslims to try to alienate them from society by highlighting differences such as the Nikaab etc.
    But this is all bullshit propaganda to justify their killing of muslims in thier own countries. Don't be fooled by all the scare mongering.
    Unless you really want to believe it.

I know i harp on about living in London for so long but it has shown me that regularly one faction after another have been made the scare crows
    Things will calm down and people will carry on as normal.

13. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Finally the thread shapes up a li'l.

Talking of Islam, I don't quite agree with that statement. I wouldn't wanna get involved in an argument over it though.

14. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

ok i am now convinced........ igt is pinko central.

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Let's face it, almost ALL religions say that the follower should follow no other god.

Let's also face the fact that those who want to twist the meaning of the above implication have the determination to spread that twisted message. You gotta admire human spirit.

16. shak

shak Harrr!

and lets face the fact that if a religion was so formed, that every one was free to chose whatever God one preferred it would be all shambles ...

its the common sense! ...... ofcourse the religion specifies God, code of conduct, moral values, etc. etc.!!!!!!

plus i am sure you are not aware of islamic point of view in this regard .... islam does not introduce a new God! .. islam is just a refined and final for of religion, seeded on earth by the same God who sent jesus and moses and hundreds of thousands of other prophets who formed different monotheist religions liek christianity, judaism, etc., why have they been retired to be taken over by islam is a different topic ...... so we just cannot deny the true God of christians and jews .. lol ... cuz then we will effectively be denying our own! if you like ..

but yes islam does prohibits, paganism, idolism, zoroastrianism, atonism etc.

17. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Zoroastrianism ???

Zoroastrianism is a small religion with about 140,000 members. Yet its importance to humanity is much greater than its current numbers might suggest, because Their theology has had a great impact on Judaism, Christianity and other later religions, in the beliefs surrounding God and Satan, the soul, heaven and hell, savior, resurrection, final judgment, etc.It is one of the oldest religions still in existence, It may have been the first monotheistic religion.

https://www.religioustolerance.org/zoroastr.htm

Please do tellme where does the quran forbid one from following zoroastrianism & How can you even COMPARE Zoroastrianism to Paganism & Idol Worship ?

18. shak

shak Harrr!

^ iam sorry, i should have been more explicit .. when i said zoroastrianism, i meant the part of this theology which gives 'fire' a concept of diety ... and that too is pretty much due to people messing about and conforming the teachings to suite themselves ..
    thats all .. otherwise .. the basics of zoroastrianism are indeed in accordance with monotheism ..

19. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

The symbol of fire:
    THE energy of the creator is represented in Zoroastrianism by fire or the sun, both of which embody many of the characteristics of the creative force. As the creator, they are enduring, radiant, pure and life sustaining.
    For this reason Zoroastrians pray in front of some form of light, preferably fire or the sun (or, at night, the moon which reflects the sun), a candle or sometimes an electric light. All symbolise the creator and focus attention totally, so that thanksgiving, praise and contemplation of the wonders of creation can take place in serenity.In Zoroastrian places of worship, therefore, an urn containing fire, which is kept alive by donations of fragrant sandalwood or myrrh, is the most important feature.
    This practice of respecting fire has given rise to disrespectful accusations of idolatry and fireworship, levelled at Zoroastrians by those whose interests were served in misrepresenting this approach to fire.

20. shak

shak Harrr!

... ^ yep, that sorts it, and by the way i didnt use the word fire worship or idolatry ...

@jamhead: so .. [strike] disagreeing with you[/strike] keeping a just, rational and tolerant attitude makes one 'pinko central'? or is it a sour grape now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.