Sweep Picking Arpeggios

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by 6String_assasin, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Cristo

Cristo New Member

This is my first post so Welcome to U All!! :beer:

With this method is it ok to play open strings like their are in some chords.

Thanks for any Help!!

All the best, Paul. :) :)

2. jaspreet162

jaspreet162 New Member

awesome man real good stuff

3. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

thanks everyone.

4. Demon_nomeD

Demon_nomeD New Member

ok here goes, 6string_assain rocks big time! kudos to him . for the last few months i have been obssessed with all sorts of scales and speed ;) and being self taught i never new abt sweep picking. and here i was burning my fingers off doing alternate picking and trying to get faster and faster and then they tell me that they have something called sweep picking !! :shock: lol now that i was trying it all day i realize alternate picking can never give these kinds of speeds!!!thank god i found this article when i did or else i would probably have no fingers left trying to do so.

i cant thank 6string assasin enuf for this article well sooner or later i would have found out anyway but i prefer sooner to later ;)

hmm now looking thru some :nw: Yngwie Malmsteen videos i realize that the guy was sweeppicking (till date i thought he was muting the previuos played strings from buzzing) atleast many places

anyways alls well that ends well (hey wait a min., i think i am going to fail in tommorows xam spending the whole day trying these out ) :):) :):p:

5. Bristy

Bristy ...

Excellent work 6String.....will go thru this when i get some spare time..

6. kebuc

kebuc New Member

play the rock w/ a can!!!!!!!!

hey! iknow u have some copies of arpegios w/ large intervals. Do you have some arpegios of mr. JOSA?

Attached Files:

7. kebuc

kebuc New Member

hey! iknow u have some copies of arpegios w/ large intervals. Do you have some arpegios of mr. JOSA

8. saurabh_taurian

saurabh_taurian New Member

Great lesson man....im a beginner to arpeggios. So should i be playing it with holding a particular chord or not coz i dunno fingerpicking??

9. Hertsman

Hertsman New Member

Hi 6string_assasin, really enjoyed your sweep picking lessons and I wondered if you would mind me uploading them to my website. I'm interested in anything especially related to sweep picking and I'm looking for sweep picking content and news items related to sweep picking for my website. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

10. Angellica

Angellica New Member

For beginners I'd recommend starting off by sweeping or raking on the higher three strings.
    For a down sweep let your pick fall from string to string as if pulled down by gravity.
    For upstrokes imagine your picking hand is tied to a string that is pulling it up. Never separate the pick strokes and you should be fine.
    A nice sweep picking exercise is this:

^ - Upstroke
    v - Downstroke

p - pinky
    r - ring
    m - middle
    i - index

p r m i p r m i

^-------------] v-----------]
    E------------9--12-----------
    B--------10--------11---------
    G-----11--------------10------