Swaraswati Puja

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Sanjay Mazumder, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

As the winter recedes and spring approaches, we get ready for the celebration of Vasant Panchami. On this day primarily students, artists and professors offer worship to Devi Swaraswati, the Goddess of Knowledge and Music.

Today, 13 February, 2005, is Swaraswati Puja. The biggest festival for the students in India, mainly in the states of West Bengal and Assam. The Puja is celebrated nearly in all the schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions. Students of all the relegions take part in it. It's also an example of Unity in diversity.

OH MOTHER SWARASWATI ! PLEASE BESTOW ALL THE KNOWLEDGE UPON US !

:band:

Attached Files:

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

damn man i wish i had 4 hands... then i can play4 keyboards simultanously :p:

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

mesmerisin pic :shock: really nice.

4. Subhro

henceforth known as Sara-swami :p: ..........

5. Sanjay Mazumder

Thanks Shubro.

Well, I've forgotten to wish U all.

WISH U ALL A HAPPY SWARASWATI PUJA !

6. Subhro

thnx.. Happy Saraswati puja 2 u too & the rest of igtians .

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

isnt saraswati puja during dussehra festivals like 2 3 days before vijaya dashami..
    bongs do saraswati pooja in a different time?

8. Subhro

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

this guy needs some serious bad reps :p:

seriously... i dnt kno saraswati puja bein celebratd at tht time of the yr..

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

bongs must have a seperate schedule, and also unaware of how and when rest of india celebrates its festivals.. saraswati puja is part of nava ratri..

i know this well becuase during saraswati puja, we have to keep all books near saraswati and its one day we dont have to do homework and study :p: as all the books get worshipped . then hell breaks loose on vijayadasham the next morning.. as we gotta double up and finish all the holiday homework accumalated.

here check out https://www.amritapuri.org/cultural/bharat/navaratri.htm

nineth day of navaratri .. the navami:
    Saraswati Puja and Ayudha Puja

The ninth day is also the day of the Ayudha Puja. The Ayudha Puja is a worship of whatever implements one may use in one's livelihood. On the preceding evening, it is traditional to place these implements on an altar to the Divine. If one can make a conscious effort to see the divine in the tools and objects one uses each day, it will help one to see one's work as an offering to God. It will also help one to maintain constant remembrance of the divine. (In India it is customary for one to prostrate before the tools one will use before starting one's work each day; this is an expression of gratitude to God for helping one to fulfil one's duties.)

Children traditionally place their study books and writing implements on the altar. On this day, no work or study is done, that one might spend the day in contemplation of the Divine.

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

11. Subhro

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................

thts same with us too :)

12. Subhro

theres more 2 bong than just ganguly.... y do people always find some way 2 connect ganguly with any bong mattr.. its kind of a mockery thin & vry stupid.

13. Sanjay Mazumder

I think everybody celebrates Saraswati puja the same way. Moreover, the students get a chance not to study on this day. lolz...............

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

ok!
    bipasha basu,koena mitra,reeya sen,reema sen, reemi sen and co!! happy saraswati puja!!!

15. Subhro

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........... :)

those r stupid showpieces...i'll giv u a bettr persnality... Satyajit Ray ? :p:

off-topic.... but did u know .. i used 2 go 2 da same school mas bipasha basu.. :)
    not jokin.. serious.. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan... she was the head girl.. 2-3 yrs senior dont remember xactly..
    and she wasn't ny hottie .. used 2 comb her hair like a nice grl.. and all stuff. (its nothr thin tht i still dont find her hot.. but kinda stupid)

she had a bf (not namin him).. he he.. i hrd.. when she got famous & he calld up at her house.. her mom said.. she's busy.. havin dinner with akshay khanna.. cant find time 2 meet u.. .. lolzzz..
    [hope she doesnt registr here].

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

cool. my seniors were much better than bipasha..
    hema malini and meenakshi sheshadri. both studied in DTEA like me.

beat that!!!

17. Subhro

he he he he...

i nevr thought its cool 2 be in the same school as bipasha..
    i think she's really really stupid.... i kno thr r lots of guyz who wud be cursin me.. still..

and i agree with ya.. ur seniors were much bettr & much more talented.. no pt. in arguin ovr tht.. :)

lolz. this htrd was supposed 2 be dedicated 2 saraswati...
    now its changed 2 bipasha koena reema riya reemi hema & sheshadri ;)

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

ok i will link it back to saraswati somehow...

hema malini is awesome as durga in her dance opera....

19. Subhro

don kno if nybody evr quoted himself/herself .. but i hav 2..

well the word htrd (hatred :shock:) was a typo.. :eek:: it shud hav been thrd :)

@ J.. nice try :) u stll need 2 link durga 2 saraswati.. work's incomplete.. not xpctd frm a guy like u ;)

20. Sanjay Mazumder

Hey Durga is the mother of Swaraswati.

@subhro, this is the first time I did ever see a person quoting himself........lolz....

@jay, I think U liked this thread.