Swades: a brave movie

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Dec 27, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Yhea .. Nice Movie..

2. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

actually dat's not overacting...........dat's wot u would call BS.....overacting is hmmm...salman...he overacts alot....

3. aleric

aleric New Member

Saw SWADES and in total accordance with everyone here I would say that its a brilliant movie.

And yes arguably Shahrukh's best movie.( No over-acting ) Gayatri Joshi is impressive, given the fact that its her first movie.

Don't miss it at any cost.

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

man so many people saying he didnt overact... whats the deal.. does remove his mask in the end and become sanjeev kumar or something like in that movie mission impossible :p:

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ i repeat ...watch the movie...
    even i was surprised dude..

6. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

does any1 know the meaning of overacting here?

7. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Hrithik Roshan = Overacting

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

9. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

^^^^HAHA nice title...sorry...ummm.....swades..yea ma girlfriend said we'll go c it..so...

10. Natasia

Natasia ...

i still havent sen the movie... but now tht ive read all ur reviews i realllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy wanna .........

11. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i m planning to watch it today , with all these posts i m sure watching something nice ...

12. alex

alex New Member

Yeh ! bob jus watch it its an amzing movie and i m sure it will touch your heart - coz it has special flavour for Indians living abroad , i think ashutosh has definately created an oscar stuff - movie has better chances than Lagan. And i owe all the credit of the movie to ashutosh gawarikar (director) not to SRK, anybody esle culd have givn that perfomance - i wish he wuld hav talken Aamir. As far as Gayatri is concernd she was awesome! brilliant and totally suits the character - coz she had all the grace - 100% indian.

13. fictional_real

damn!! yeah rite alex....its very difficult to get an indian woman like dat in mumbai!!! who is very beautiful, cultured, shy, smart, intelligent etc....

i am in love! i am in love!

hey, guys did u hear the last song in swades, yeh jo desh hai tera.....very very very beautiful shehnaee played in dat song....ashutosh directed dat song so well where mohan remembers all his pals, kaveri amma, small kid and of course gayatri....and flashback of the house where he use to stay...reminds me of my house in village...there is no facility there....but there is something ...some x factor...which makes me love dat place....something to die for. i miss it...grandma's hug, those kids playing arnd...the sunset, the coolness when u lie down to rest in the varanda ....the smell of cows...ppl arnd u...every simple, poor ...someimes i feel so lucky....the time which runs so fast here in mumbai....runs like its waiting for u...and its only dedicated for u!

i dont waste too much of water these days....electricity...money. try to save everything...i have changed...i think.

hats off to ashutosh and swades team!

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i will def see the movie after it comes out on dvd.. and one of my friend buys the dvd. i have already bought the hindi and the tamil CDs. am not giving a single penny more to aashutosh.

15. bob-bobby

watched it yesterday !! the movie is just awesome ,,,

its a must must watch for all the NRI's , but just dun follow shahrukh ( at the end )...

Watch it , a very nice movie and for sure very touching ...

16. aleric

aleric New Member

FR : That was excellent. Yes, the Shehnai in the song "Yeh Jo Des" is awesome. And the song is brilliantly picturized.

Bob : Aint you coming back? :think:

17. bob-bobby

lol , u must be joking , i have to do a lot in villages in africa , let me sort out their problems first ;)

@ alex / fr - gayatri surely rocked , she was really awesome and 100% indian...

18. fictional_real

@aleric....its difficult to leave everything and follow ur heart. if i was in place of mohan...i knew i wud be of gr8 help to the villagers...since i was engineer, i wud help them to built and have more comfort like electricity?...

but put urself in his position....working for big shit like NASA...salary u do never get in 7 lives put 2gether.....BIG decision.

well, i aint dat gr8...cant even take care of myself!!!

i still feel....we need a leader.

psst....gayatri's poster all over my room....my wallpaper too! :)

19. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Anyway can't stay anymore. I'll have to see the movie.

20. skaw

skaw snooze

i saw it todai , interesting , i kidna like the girl , she luked decent :eek:: thts the kinda girls i like :p: .. music was gud , story line was weird , i mean too much , if u work in nasa n u got all the income, i dont think u wuld wana go bak home , n geeta wuldn't deny such a great chance to go to america ... :confused: i found that weird . .rest A R Rahman all the way ... n the acting was ok not superb .. n ye dats it abt swades from me