Swades: a brave movie

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Dec 27, 2004.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i saw swades yesterday.....such a brave movie....really. ashutosh wud have created some movie like lagaan where it had hot subject like cricket which every1 likes...but in this movie he showed indian poverty...which ppl kinda ignore and do hesitate to go and watch it and many movie have tried to show but havent succeeded in attracting audiences....yes, there were mixed reactions...but i and my pals found it extremely amazing movie...every1 knows (atleast me!!) its such a big ecstasy and satisfaction living in our own home, how warm it feels getting a hug frm ya grandma, smell of indian soil, the sense of belonging....sometimes which u cannot find or feel outside india...

ashutosh wud have created a another movie wid blast but he chose such a topic which ppl kinda ignore....very very brave.

most touching scene i found was when mohan (shahrukh khan)...who only drinks mineral water wherever he goes...watches a small poor kid selling water for 25 paises on a railway station where really he do never even thought of visiting in this life, goes further and takes the water and drinks it...and gives the kid his money. very well shot...when mohan(shahrukh) cries in desperation coz he isn't able to forget all the magic moment he had in india back in america ...u understand wat he is going through.

go ashutosh go....this movie reminds me of virasaat (priyadarshan's movie who directed gr8 movies like hera pheri)....similar kinda movie....where he (anil kapoor) who is frm mumbai compromises by trying to forget his dream of becoming a big man...and feels his responsibility is to protect his village coz its his home and ppl here need him.

the sceneries shown in swades r wonderful....i always knew india was so beautiful.

gayatri joshi is simply amazing ...really beautiful woman. someone whom u can take home. :)

Lagaan was a legend and u cannot compare this movie wid dat.

swades full of emotions and also humurous at times...makes it more watchable.
    loved it. loved it! :beer:

2. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Truly said FR...

Swades touched my heart... Tears came in my eyes seeing the 'Water Boy' scene! I have actually gone through the same situations many times! But whatever the problems movie showed were far less than you actually can find in an village!

I have been to my village many times and each time all i can see is we cant help them! Cos, practically if you try to interfere, they just kick you out! Rigid ideologies are not possible to change! But yes, if you are ready to spend time with them, then of course you can start a worthy change in the way they think!

People in India, who know and understand what the problem is, in our country, either ran away to Foreign shores for a comfortable life or they accept the fact that nothing can be done and continue living the life as it is!
    While, those in villages, who are illiterate, cant help themselves!
    So resultant effect is, Politians do whatever they want, hardly ever thinking about our country!

Someone has truly said that, Money and Power are two biggest weaknesses in our Indian Politics which can make them even sell our country!

But one thing is sure, I personally would always try to bring our "India"s name on top!
    Our National Anthem itself gives me a lot of Inspiration!
    The new generation is surely having a changed mindset, so i hope to see radical changes in future for sure!

I am proud to be an INDIAN and proud to be the part of 'We the People'

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Will see the movie for sure dudes. I couldnt get tickets all these days, but by jove, even if i have to break into the theatre, i'm going to watch it. And, oh yeah
    INDIA RULES, I'M PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN!! JAI HIND!!!

4. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

It was surely a great feat performed by the director directors here in Pak should learn a lesson from the movie

5. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

movie is great .. yeah its easy to say "jai hind" but really are u willing to pursue ur career in India rather than going abroad? becoz if someone did change his/her mind then the movie wud hav served its purpose.
    no offense meant disturbed and zoom

6. d_ist_urb_ed

Nemo, i know that you meant well, so i thought i'd clear the issue up. Once an Indian always an India, not a Non Residential Indian:) I'm never going to work on american soil. It's india where i belong.

7. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

thts da spirit boy!!

8. fictional_real

sometimes i pity on NRIs....i mean, i dont know if they can find dat love and sense of belonging which we get here in india. dat doesnt mean we r the best...and they suck. we shud learn something frm them too...why r they so much ahead of us?

i truly believe we need a leader. some1 like indira gandhi...perhaps!

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i havent seen it yet as i live in pardes... but then i was in india last month spent 1.5 weeks in my village.. so in a way i lived through what i imagine ashutosh shows in that movie, only this real life swades was better.. as it didnt have the irritating s-sss--shah rukh khan over acting. but i cant wait to see the movie.

10. fictional_real

^^jay is trying to say he is enuff sexy and handsome to be have casted in swades instead of shahrukh :p: ....
    i wont promise u wud like dat movie...coz theres loads of mixed reaction in india...but i have heard dat swades is being very much liked by NRIs and indians living outside india.

even when i was watching movie....i felt like it shud have been aamir khan instead of shahrukh. damn!

@zoom.....do u remember dat scene when mohan brings electricity in the village....and the hut of a very old woman is lighten up by a small bulb....and she says "bijli"....dat was one more touching scene!
    and gayatri joshi....i am in love wid her!!!!!!!!

11. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i liked the movie..and there was no overacting by sharukh khan..
    and i loved the new girl in the movie..

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

I can prove thats physically impossible..
    its like one of those laws like E=MC2

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ watch the movie...i ve just come from the theatre.

14. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

yeah the movie s really nice ..... felt like going back to india right away ... but have to complete my education yet .... but sure i'll be there soon. ......
    i liked kaveriamma a lot.... everything but gayatri joshi look realistic ..... i havent seen such chicks in villege ...... anyways ......
    @ j .... surprisingly shahrukh is not equal to over acting in this movie .... i felt him very matured and unlike his ohter movies where girl is what he lives for , here its very minimal .... and absolutely no cliche looks of him "all i do is love you and nothing else "
    i liked the scene where he goes to collect rent frm another villeger .....
    oh my ....

15. fictional_real

@madhura....yeah, dat scene was really sad ...almost brought me to tears. dats why i call it a brave movie...its really a brave step to show something like dat usually we dont like to watch sad movies...this was something different ...not something really optimistic...
    and gayatri was not a village chick...if u remember in the movie she is originally frm delhi and was in delhi completing her studing ..then she comes back to maintain the school formed by her parents since they r no more.
    and ....hey, u still studying....?? i didn't know a married 50 yrs old woman still likes to study? :p:

16. fictional_real

@dharmatma....yeah, he surprisingly didnt overacted...
    @jay...to really comment on dat....u shud really watch to movie and then tell...and i think u'll also agree dat he didnt overacted....but defenitely aamir khan wud haven been a better choice. wat do u think of abhishek bachan?

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

abhishek bachchan should act in only sadistic negative roles.. like in yuva.. suits him well. him and madhavan... they'be got that evil eagle like muralitharan kinda eyes.. u know what i mean :p:

18. d_ist_urb_ed

@FR, she aint 50 years old dude, stop kidding, people can be touchy about their age.
    @jay, LOL:)
    @everyone else, tickets booked, will see and offer comments soon, the way you're all talking about it, i simply cant wait to watch the movie. But the one thing i have heard is that Kaveri Amma's outdone herself, that's what my friend told me.

19. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

well, it seems like now i have to go watch this movie too...
    and i didn't know sharukh overacted....the only reason i like him cause o his acting...and yet i haven't seen him overact....could you give me an example please, where he overacts...

20. d_ist_urb_ed

Main Hoon Na, for beginners Aziz:) Oh manoman, the beginning scenes where he comes in and is flying all around, LOL:)