Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams (as played on 'Unplugged')

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by shubh-guitarist, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

well i didnt get it properly...but i guess he is trying to explain the strokes...wires are nothing but the strings :p...lower strings means first 3 strings that is EBG ...and the lower strings or the(bass strings) are the 4th,5th and 6th strings...i.e DAE...

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

@bjr...ya i made a mistake the chords Gmajor9th and Amajor9th are actually Cmaj9th and Dmaj9th...even i get confused at times...similar chords have different names...when to use which chord name...god knows...for example...Ddominant9th(x7757x)..and F#m7b5...(x7757x)...Adiminished(xx4545) and B7b9(xx4545)...Gbmaj6th(xx1322) and Ebm7th(xx1322)...

3. slash0211

slash0211 Member

there r quite lot of ways to work out strummin pattern.. da one i can think of could help u cud b dis way..

try to play 16 beats (all downstrokes)... slowly..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

strum all the downstrokes lightly.. or mute with your palm if you are aware of how to ... play it 3-4 times.. it will sound a flat rhythm, non musical..

now to make it musical, you have stress few particular numbered downstrokes, or UNmute them if you are using muting effect.. and those numbers are

1 4 7

so if you unmute 1,4 & 7 strokes or make them heavier or stress on them, you'd get the pattern of summer of 69..

so what you need to do is still play those 16 beats without intervals, and restart without any gaps, and emphasize on 1 4 7 downstrokes..

practise very slow in the beginning... dont try to speed up, accuracy and timing is very important which will come if you practise at least 30-50 times slowly.. and once you get thecomplete hang of it., you will get the exact tempo ...

let me know plz if it helps
    Cheers!!

4. komal29

komal29 New Member

i havent understood it fully yet..but i feel it is the wisest guidance anybody has given about a strumming pattern ever!! :)..thanks a lot.god bless you..coz we amateurs really struggle with this aspect.and all experts say instead of guiding is "you have to come up with your own strumming patterns..you will get there..etc"..if we dont even know the concept how will we?

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

like thousands of others before you? I agree that it's way easier if someone shows you the pattern though.

6. arniehawk

arniehawk New Member

Thumbs up slash0211
    to get d best effect we have 2 use the palm muting technique
    :)

7. komal29

komal29 New Member

@bjr..all i got to give you is a :)..
    i really didnt wanna quote you..to agree or disagree either..however,i wanna generally add something.All people's learning pattern,style,pace etc are completely different..you must be knowing about the learning curves concept!

8. slash0211

slash0211 Member

@komal.. thanx
    @arniehawk.. thanx a lot.. i completely agree that palm muting technik is kinda essential for dis one.. however stil if you wanna go for the unplugged version, or experiment somethin diff, u can replace palm muting, so after the first bar, you can also strum or pick notes as per a fingerpicking pattern...

okay.. what else you can do is.. omit certain downstrokes in the 16 beat pattern.. so it will be

/1_34_67_/________/

there are 2 bars above... in the first bar you can simply miss the 2nd 5the and 8th stroke, so it wil bcome 1-23-45- (all downwards)
    and in the second bar , you can simply give 8 downstrokes muted with palm..

practise , try more n more to follow the pattern, you'll get there
    til then.. rock n roll!!