SUICIDES of ssc,hsc students.....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

People suffer their asses off if you believe in your music and dont have another profession. I dont know about other bands but i know that the opeth guys were in deep (economical) shit when they chose to do that. And thats in sweden !!!!!!!!

If youre a rock/metalhead wanting to have music as your only profession and you never sell out, i can guess that you'll move away from india or suffer there. So keeping it a hobby is not a mistake IMO. Many kickass bands have something else as their first profession.

2. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i'll try >>>>>>>>i'll try
    but i won't give up aviation(wt if nobody still cares about music i'll be out on the streets>:shock:)

3. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

When it comes to education..
    a lot can be talked about..
    reservation for girls...reservation for a certain community..etc etc
    not forgetting reservation for the ones who give a huge Donation
    many cant afford this and it is sometimes reason why people lose their trust over "the system"
    Mindset and mindblocks should be cleared....
    people take glory in their cobwebs they hate to clear
    hah...and then they talk about brain drain..

about a career in music..
    My neighbour who belongs to a present reputed Indian Band
    is termed as good-for-nothing coz he isnt "working"
    but his talent isnt noticed in his very own community and marriage proposals are actually being turned down coz of the same reason
    did someone say Society?
    think again about that band someone wanted to start..
    people would still love so called stars like Sharukh Khan..who's a self-proclaimed bhaand
    and wouldnt mind shaking his ***e at a wedding for money
    but seeing their own son/daughter pursue a career in something they want is so goddamn hard to handle..
    situations sure may vary from family to family and the way a person is brought up
    but nah....thats so not the type of things some hypocrites would want to confess

(no offence meant to anyone or any community..if taken, its unintenional)

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

General conversation with an adult(not my parents) 3 years ago:

"So what are you planning to do with your life?"

"I want to become a musician"

"That's great....but what do you really want to do?"

Today

" I hear you're planning to give your CAT exam this year?"

"Yes"

"I'm glad you've taken better control over your life"

To be fair, from their point of view, it is a bleak career choice living where we do.

That's what they say <3

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

well, if i was a 50 year old father with a daughter, then i'd be looking at someone who has a run of the mill career because its a stable source of income. And you cant get that level of stabilty (economic) by being a musician as you can get from a software engineer or something like that.

So there is a reason behind it. Its not just "this society is screwed up, look at the talent thats being wasted...blah, blah :rant: :rant: " And i would chose money and covinience over talent if i was that father.

And the good for nothing part is also most probably because of the stability of income.

Although i wouldnt call the guy good for nothing (or anything close) but i think that there's more than just one side to it.

6. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

i did mention the "good-for-nothing" part in terms of getting married and leading a settled life..
    main intention was to talk about the lack of appreciation of talent..thats why i compared it to Srk!

LOL..why talk about others my parents would never do that..

i agree with the income clause...i assume "Gifted" are those who have a family like the Murli Deora's
    Father-- Murli Deora:Oil minister
    Mother-- Hema Deora- interior designer and regular Page 3 attendee
    Younger Son-Milind Deora:MP
    Elder Son Mukul Deora -Two months ago released his first album "Stray"

donno if he's a bachelor but Mukul definitly would be eligible..even if he looks zonked in his video
    guess these are the family's a father wouldnt mind marrying his daughter..

(donno about mine:p)

7. vini

vini Repeat Offender

this sounds like a Joke..but im sure many people do get such response when they say, "i want2become a musician"
    Oh..why is this world so mean :Worried:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Bubbly, BJR and me have always come to the conclusion (may be not agreed wholly) that:
    Indians are inherently "cowards"
    We live in self denial
    We are always afraid to try out n00 thing
    [edited] ....... Yada Yada

And all this explains teh pehnomena

9. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

Basically..
    Coining the definition of an Indian would be quite a task
    leave alone the Family system, Racial discrimination,Politics,Education system, the identity of an Indian..Etc Etc Etc..
    one can call it multi-faceted or even two-faced
    bitter truth....hypocrisy feeds on another hypocrisy..
    and it still doesnt seem to satisfied with it.......

10. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

I think guys/gurls having such problems like depression should really consult psychology . Some people dont think its necessary but later it becomes just something which you cannot disgruise from.

Learning self improving books would also help a lot. Our greatest strength is self awareness.

Lack of good parenting is also one of the main reasons. We should give our childern unconditional love and support ofcourse you need not be permissive and soft at the same time but you would rather work together to eradicate the problem.

11. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

True..
    if the right kinda support is shown by the family..
    the need for professional help would never arise..
    the person would never go into depression in the first place
    Reading books of self-improvement hardly helps..
    parents and friends should be teaching and improving a person..
    Morally and emotionally..
    books teach a lot no doubt...
    books on Parenting are also available in the market
    but seldom have i seen anyone buy them...
    yh....pre-natal care and post-natal ones are the books parents buy.
    come to think of it does anyone write them
    besides..even if they do read these books the kids would be the guinea pigs..
    they'l fail miserably
    to whom will they turn after that?>:p

12. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e &lt;3V/S&lt;3 50 CeNt$

indian kids r always brain washed society nevr accepts failure

parents n society to blame

lost one fren wen i was in ssc its bad

13. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

tht's a pretty weird conclusion man!! Wonder wht makes u think so negative?

Talking of music profession there are simple reasons why someone wouldnt want their kids to go in for those....

We r comparing ourselves to western socities but missing a whole point here....in Western societies kids get kicked out of their homes at the age of 18-19. They fetch for themselves and are free to do wht they like...but back home in India. Kids live off their parents till 24-25... Unlike west, in east parents pay for ur tuition...college money and every expense that u need to support ur relatioships with gf/bf.

I think double standards come into play when u r living off ur parents and still complaining that they r not letting u go into things u like. Kids in west do low end jobs, make ends meet, take loans, work overtime and pay for own tuition and that's how they gain their freedom of choice. I guess its easier to blame society and culture and call ur countrymen coward.

If indians were cowards .....the country wont be free right now, wouldnt have been the second fastest growing economy in the world. In India bravery is not just bungee jumping....sometimes its fetchin for basic things like water,food and electricity........

:beer:

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Whoa boy!!!
    Whoa.

First of all. In India your parent control (or atleast try to control) your life even when you are married (what else you think causes such high tension in joint families).
    Admit it, thats one of our charachteristic.

LOL@ Independence, do you know the actaul reason why Britain granted freedom to India? Did you by any chance notice taht it was done after the World War II?

India is the second fastest growing economy for a simple reason.
    We are very good servants.

We do very well when we go abroad. We do very good when thr ppl from abroad opne their shops here.

Naah, Am not at all against Globalization or Free Economics. But then, you need to realise that we have really been a good servant, thats what makes our economy boom.

15. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

hey guys.....lisen up....
    therez another side of the story.....
    indian students are THE BEST IN THE WORLD...U CANT DENY THAT....ALL OVER THE WORLD, MNCs COME TO GET STUDENTS FROM HERE.....
    what i wanna say is that it has been OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM WHO HAS PRODUCED THESE WORLD CLASS STUDENTS......
    i personally believe that there needs to be a change in the education system....but the statastics say otherwise.....they say that the education system has been a sucess....:confused:
    what say???

16. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GET YOUR HISTORY FACTS RIGHT!
    we never begged for freedom....we got it....we have made sacrifices...the prevailing political situation after the second world war made britain weak...and gave an impetus to the national movement....it just speeded it up...
    as far as globalization is concered, i do not know what to say....itz good and it is bad....but in the end, the poor man suffers......the same poor man who suffered during the british rule, the same poor man who suffered after independence, the same poor man who is suffering now, and it will be the same poor man who will suffer in the future if nothing serious is done about it....

17. subho

subho New Member

our education system has nothing to do with producing world class students...do we hv any world class institutes for higher education except IITs(obviously not all of them), IIMs, AIIMS....and how many streams do they have ? I am not sure do any institutes of India have courses like historical statistics ?
    Just for an example..look at the scenario of West Bengal Board...when I was doing my 10th..we were supposed to learn english from class VI.. can u imagine a student of class VI was supposed to learn A,B,C....and we don't hv an option to continue higher education in our mother tongue......
    Even today higher education is somewhat limited to higher income groups...CAT is tough because it is cheap compared to other B-schools...only 1 out of 30 people crack CAT(may be many more)..if you have money go for GMAT..there are lots of outside universities where u can enroll..and there only 7th person can crack...(I am telling abt Wharton...can chk if u think I am wrong).. and if u r self financed no problem at all....

18. zing

zing Machine Head

19. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

whoa!!! :RollLol: :RollLol: If i go with what the indian textbooks say, then i'll be led to believe many things. VERY many things.

You think the british gave a crap aout what some groups did? They had enough gunpower to smote indian resistance into pieces.

And ever wondered why all of the british colonies got independance after the second world war? ALL the countruies made sacrifices at the same time? (1946-1960). All the countries had national movements at the same time?

All this is not even slightly mentioning the decline in local support for colonies and labour coming into government and replacing the conservatives.

20. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

its funny how easily people...redicule...other people's accomplisments..

obviously u have not even bothered to look into any history texts. I know some books and some part of history might have been altered by the fundamentalists...but the basic fact still stays.....Everyone...almost everyone who has some interest this area would agree that...

World War 2 proved to be the last nail in the coffin of British Empire in India. let me stress the LAST NAIL......

I know this from my high school teachers...and Professors of History from a very reputed university(Outside India). Now i am absolutely sure none of those guys had any interest in telling me wrong stuff. Indian books i will understand but wht abt the historians of western countries??

May be the world in ganging up on ur theory of independence man!! or is just the fact tht u want to be different??

I wish u were there at the time those sacrifices were being made...at least then u wont have the heart to nullify those gr8 people's work in ur one post!!

and who r u pointing at when u say...small group?? DUDE!! the nation was in the fight...protest marchs were attended by hundered of thousands of people?? The world was taking note of every movement of India.

and most of the other nations that u r talking abt took the cue from India,for getting freedom. i dont know how much u have researched....but if u would...u will know...after India got its Freedom...uprisings in other nations such as Kenya...started full swing. It was only after the success of India's non-violent ways tht...Black people of america realised how to fight injustice.
    ......ever heard of Martin Luther King Jr.?? or read any of this stuff??

I know history classes r boring...but its not a bad idea to attend once in a while....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.