SUICIDES of ssc,hsc students.....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

bein seein on news and the papers also, lot of ssc and hsc students r commitiing suicides just because of exam stress and bad performance in papers ..i dont understand...is life just restricted to these exams that they take such drastic steps without considering the people related to them...thts real sad ........

2. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

Its indeed very very sad....but I feel that the main reason behind such blunders are the mounting pressures on them imposed by their family, relatives and the society.

When they don't live upto their expectations..they suffer from the fear of being humiliated and so they think that the best way to avoid it is to end their lives....

These exams and results DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT determine the future of these students....life is the MOST beautiful gift of GOD and we should treasure it..and under no circumstances should such thoughts come to our minds.

GOD BLESS !!

3. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

i agree with u

thats surely coz parents now consider academic performance as the step stone to the world of work

thats true but the pressure laid upon the students r at times exaggerated ones

academic failure does not mean that one should become so frail to fight against the failure n commit suicide

life is a God given n y waste that for a silly reason....

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL

Such thing is bound to happen.

Does anyone know about situation in Japan. We are actuallly cloesly following Japan. Japan is said to be most stressed out society. Unfortunately all these are the perils of Modernization and advancement.
    You can fight it.

Ultimately only the fittest survive. It is the law of nature.
    Sorry if it is harsh, but then thats how it has always been.
    We humans created an artificial society/world where everything is supposed to be equal n fair.

Unfortunately we cannot sustain it.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Baloney.
    These exams make ALL the difference for exams/hurdles which come later in life.
    The question is who has actually exaggerated them?

6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^ yep the ans from the part u quoted ie sec one is society

yep in japan competition is really tough

7. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I totally agree with u guys!! its the parents,teachers and society tht has to play the role. I am not in support of reduction of course material but i totally believe that stress management should be part of education.

I remember when i was in Grade 8 in India and we had this D.A.V 8th class board. Just before the math exam i was panicking. Wasnt eating properly only thinking wht is going to happen during the exam. Was totally out of my usual self....mom saw that...she came to my room, and looked at me frantically flipping pages. She just took my notes and book and threw those out of the window. I am not joking, she literally threw them out....took me out for dinner and didnt let me touch any book for next day and a half. I gave my exam and got 97 percent...highest in school !! I couldnt believe it....but all thanks to them..for understanding the situation and knowing wht's more important in life.

So parents do play a very important role in how kids manage their exam stress.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^
    Wish it was same everywhere.
    Besides I think it is the student himself who is repsonsible.

Why do these exams matter so much?
    Coz the students prefer taking the much beaten way.

Oh yeah parents have a very important say in that, but I am not wrong in saying that we are little cowards.
    And we belive taht showing dissent and disagreement with some ppl or their views is equivalent to showing disrepect.

TchTch, too bad, end loser is always the person who adheres to all this. (the Student)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

--- repeetioien

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

LOL @ god has given us a beautiful life..blah blah....stfu...remember tht u write ur own destiny
    if u cannot accept failures it doesnt mean u commit suicides...loooser attitude

I agree many parents and the society are posing to be the biggest bitches here.....the bottomline is ur sucess lies in ur hand....it doesnt matter if u get 75 or 90% in 10th or 12th....the thing tht matters is wht u want to do....and if u strive hard u can shut everyones mouth

11. vini

vini Repeat Offender

the cbse building is nearby my house..im planning to plant a bomb there tonite ;) they make such tough Q Papers!

Anyways on a more serious note..i feel very sad and disaapointed when i get to hear that students are ending their lives!..there must be many kids or atleast one around u, giving board exams, if from their behaviour u feel they're depressed u must try to tell their parents or talk to them urself..its v.v. important, u must not overlook this and it does make a difference! i've myself done this...my cousin was very disturbed coz her previous paper didnt go well so she couldnt concentrate on her coming maths exam..so i tried wid my might and main to calm her down and explained how important it is to forget the bygone and concentrate on coming paper.

Reach Out to these poor souls!!! *sigh*

12. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

@alpha1

These exams are important...but failing such an exam doesn't mean that one should end his/her life....there are a lot to learn from these mistakes and move ahead in life rather than jumping in a well and ending it all....these failures if taken from a correct perspective indeed act as a boon to the student's success in the future.

And one thing more, like you have said that "These exams make ALL the difference for exams/hurdles which come later in life." this is the thought, this is the exact thought that prevails in the minds of these students and if they dont manage to pull the exams thru...they feel that failing this exam means that they will never be able to face any bigger challenges in the future and they go for such a drastic step.

13. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I feel that theese students have some physological problems
    and need phycatric help>>

they are seriously mentally retarded

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

O RLY?

*r.i.p. :( *

15. subho

subho New Member

Imagine a tiger commiting suicide bcoz he cann't hunt..peer pressure!! ;) and other tigers discussing abt that poor fellow....

16. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

ahahahhahahahhaharoflroflmfao omgwtflololololomgstfuwtfbbq!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

in my case tht wud be both hands....

I am ambidexterous :grin:

18. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

I dont think people who are depressed coz of exam stress need any kinda Sympathy for gods sake...
    its like degrading their already low self-esteem
    all they need is a li'l boost to their self confidence
    and What the heck are people talking about psychology
    stinking crock of Crap!!
    parents need counselling!!
    I'm talking about the one who have High expectations..
    and dont let go of a chance to show where they stand now
    and whats gonna happen if they fail..
    that sparks of the comtemplation of suicide...which is sad
    they should stop giving all those warning signals..
    its them who overtly,
    or most of the times covertly manipulate the minds of the students
    they need a shrink first!

and anyone under stress needs to do things that would take their mind off the issue..
    here is where the parents friends need to play their role....
    exams are no doubt a major stepping stone
    to some extent even the educational system is also responsible for this...

anywys its always easy to yak oodles over this than to put it into practice..
    people need to wake up before its too late..

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

there was a sign in our college gents' toilet....those bathroom graffiti type...

"aapka bhavishya aapke haath mein hai"

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Seems like you or someone close to you has had a tuff time.

But I agree that most of the time, Parents decide the fate of their children. Be it career or marriage or hobbies.

Why not teh suicide?
    I mean the responsibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.