suggestions on a new elec

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by jacks28, Feb 17, 2010.

1. jacks28

jacks28 New Member

hi
    i require a suggestions on a new electric guitar....
    budget is 35k.... i usually play hard rock
    i went to furtados recently n really liked the fender mexican strat but it had only single coil pickups and costs 33k and the person there said that the hss one costs more.Can someone tell me how much the hss costs? also i was looking at prs se standard which costs arnd 34k on bajaao but was not in furtados....Is it any good when compared to fender??
    also please suggest some other shops in bangalore... kinda felt thet furtados was a little expensive

2. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

come in for a jackson!!!
    u wanna play metal than go for something like rx10D!!
    Pretty nice, i think it's for something like 35k!!

3. jacks28

jacks28 New Member

yeah im not into any of the v shaped guitars,any "fancy" shape for thet matter... very uncomfortable while sitting down

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

try out some Cort .. in that price range u'll get the one with active EMGs.. pretty good for metal players.. gr8 value for money. ESPs are overpriced in India.. u may get KH202.. but it has passive EMGs..

5. jacks28

jacks28 New Member

how much is kh202? i think bajaao's price of 37 k is a little overpriced

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

check it out at furtados.. i guess they'll quote somewhere around 30-31k.. u can bargain.. u stay in bangalore rt?

7. jacks28

jacks28 New Member

yeah i do...went yesterday but couldn't find it.The guy didnt even kno wat i was talkin about when i asked hil for the kh202.by the way,how's cort evl k6??? looks sweet n fully loaded!!

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i already suggested u cort..they're the best for their price.. but its like buying a linea.. u knw.. has got all all the features that a civic wud have maybe even more.. but brand value is not that good.. moreover its difficult to find corts in stores.. try searching..

9. insatanity

insatanity New Member

Check Schecter guitars as well.

10. jacks28

jacks28 New Member

are there any stores in bangalore that have schecters??
    they are supposedly very rare to come by

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

call'em up and ask.. they might have.. rhythm musicals..soundglitz..furtados.. etc..

12. flood

flood New Member

i'd be surprised if you had a problem locating a schecter dealer, it seems they're picking up quite decently here.

there is speculation that schecter and cort are made in the same south korean factory...

13. insatanity

insatanity New Member

At one point Schecter was bought by ESP founder.

Schecters are available with Onstage India, Bajaao, and SB Music. Don't know of any dealers in Bangalore.

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@insatanity: would u plz tell me which schecter model are u suggesting..

15. insatanity

insatanity New Member

The Omen and Damien series will fall in that price range. The Devil Custom has EMG 81/85 pickups but its around 50K.

16. jacks28

jacks28 New Member

yeah those models are good but has anyone played on it??some advice would b good.I was also looking at jackson DXMG Dinky is it good??

17. jacks28

jacks28 New Member

alright, i went to a shop yesterday rite next reynolds n checked out a schecter damien 6 fr.
    Sounds pretty good n he said that he would give it for Rs 27900...after quoting it for 30. However,my only cause of concern is that it has passive emgs... is it worth buying??
    also,he told me that the standard stratocaster costs 39k!!!thats like 6 k more than furtados's price

18. insatanity

insatanity New Member

For 27K u will not get a branded guitar with active pickups, atleast in India. If u want those in ur price range then u need to get a custom made guitar from Tulsi (Chennai) or Alberto (Mumbai). You can also get some cheaper guitar Harmony guitars, who as per some old articles make some models for Jackson, then upgrade it to active pickups.

Check the ESP LTD 400 and above series for active pickups guitars.