Suggestions for a new guitar!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by -:cHiNmAy:-, Jan 29, 2012.

1. -:cHiNmAy:-

-:cHiNmAy:- New Member

This may be a repeated topic here, but everyone of us has a own choice ;) So here i post again...!
    I am currently having Hobner 265 Acoustic Guitar. It has grown old so the screws of the string winders have been screwed! :p So i am planning to buy a new guitar for about 5k to 6k at the most. I am still learning to play guitar but know it fairly well.
    I am planning to buy it online. I did some research and found the following models:
    Acoustic:
    1. GB&A AG110 - Rs. 3500
    2. Givson Venus Super Special - Rs. 2950
    3. Pluto Guitar HW41C - Rs. 4150
    3. Hobmer M235 - Rs. 4400
    4. Yamaha F210 - Rs. 5500
    Electric:
    1. Givson Electric Blue Bird - Rs. 4100
    2. Givson Electric GS1000 - Rs. 4600
    3. PlutoElectric ST-3 - Rs. 5900

Some Questions:-
    1. Which guitar is good for a beginner for me? Electric or Acoustic??
    2. Are Givson Guitars good?
    3. Any other model which is good and i have missed?

Suggestions please ppl. Which one is good for me?

2. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Dont buy online, dont buy an electric. Rest has already been discussed in other threads.

there you said it yourself, go to a guitar store try the acoustics out buy one that feels right to you and your ears. Buy the one of your choice.

3. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

buy a Yamaha f210 acoustic
    . Best among all u hav mentioned

4. wylder

wylder Member

+1 for the Yamaha.

That said, last day I got to play an 80's MIJ Ibanez acoustic owned by an elder in our church. It still sounds fabulous and apart from a little fret wear, it still is perfect.
    So if you are serious about your guitar playing and take good care of your instrument, go ahead and splurge a bit on a quality one - it will serve you well in the long run...

5. vendettarevived

vendettarevived New Member

Guitars are not rocket science, means that every guitar sounds different, even 2 models of the same make, so I'd advise you to not buy online and as mentioned, go to a store and try them for yourself. That being said, the yamaha you have listed is pretty good!

6. -:cHiNmAy:-

-:cHiNmAy:- New Member

Thank You :)

7. amithkallupalam

amithkallupalam New Member

Spend at least 15k when buying an electric.
    Right now get the Yamaha! :D

8. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Try out Walden guitars as well, I had played one the other day at furtados and it was awesome, priced at about 8k.
    Takamine guitars are great too....

Try out all of them and get the one you like, all the best :)

9. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Yeah i played on this Walden Hawthrone 420 over the weekend. Lovely guitar great tone great quality. Was priced 9500/-