Suggestion on mic/recording

Discussion in 'Misc Musical Instruments' started by duranta_de, Sep 8, 2008.

1. duranta_de

duranta_de New Member

Help/Suggestion required on mic/recording

Hi guys,

I am a rookie here. I am trying to record my songs(with guitar) in my laptop.
    I am using mp3DirectCut software to record. the sound quality of the guitar is coming out good in the recording but the quality of my voice is not good enough. I suppose i need to buy one good quality mic to record in laptop.
    I require your suggestion on the following:
    1. if i need to buy one mic which one should i buy ? (moderate budget).
    2. is there any other software you guys are using to record songs in laptop?
    3. is there any place in web where i can upload and share my audios because i can not upload audio files in utube.

Thanks in advance.

2. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

1: it all depends on your budget.....you can get a cheapo philips mic for 250.....damn good.....or the shure for 4.5k.....
    2:audacity
    3:www.soundclick.com

cheers!
    :beer:

3. duranta_de

duranta_de New Member

Hi Sukrut,

Thanks a lot for your help.

4. duranta_de

duranta_de New Member

Hi Sukrut,

Thanks a lot for your help.

5. musicmanPKR

musicmanPKR New Member

if you're tight on budget AND want quality, go for Ahuja CUM-450 .. its a decent mic (around Rs. 1500) .. but take my word of advice .. whatever mic you get .. be sure to get a pre-amp .. becuz the laptop and other hardware are not designed to handle such low outputs .. a preamp basically boosts the mic signal to a level where the computer can actually work upon it .. any recording software will give oyou great results after that

in case you have a guitar amp .. look around it a bit .. good amps have a "preamp out" somewhere .. so plug in ur mic to the amp .. and connect ur mic input (on the laptop) to the preamp out .. you'll get to feel the difference in voice clarity immidietly